OTA Guide Data

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
I searched around and couldn't find the answer to this?

Is the guide data for the locals sent from Voom through the dish or is it actually pulling the data from the local stations?

A VOOM CSR said the info was coming from my local station. She was 100% sure.

I need to know because I am working with the local CBS affiliate to resolve an issue.

I was out of town for the last 2 weeks and I have now lost the station.

It shows in the guide and I get 98% signal strength. But soft boots, hard boots, nor re-scanning will bring it in.

I keep getting the "No signal" message.

They are currently having issues with mitsu boxes but I am the first Moto box. Well at least the first that called them.

CSR is incorrect. Guide data is coming through Satellite every night. Where are you located and which channel are you having problems with?

I had the exact same problem with CBS on my VOOM box (high signal strength, but no signal displayed). Then tried my HDTV set's built-in tuner, same thing so I suspected it was a CBS problem.

Station manager confirmed an equipment failure issue on thier end. Part replaced, problem solved.

Rob.

hey. i'm having the same problem with 2 of my locals now for almost 3 weeks. was watching them fine for almost nine months, then they disappear on me. i still get high signal(above 95) for both, but i can't pick them up when i do a chnnel scan. you may want to call you local station's engineer and see if they started sending PSIP or changed their PSIP, because that is what the problem is with my two channels. i lost my local Fox on the same day they started sending PSIP, then i lost my local CBS on the same day that they CHANGED their PSIP(have no idea what this means) But i still get all the info on my program guide. apparantly, the Voom stb has problems with some of these new PSIP's, but then again, i'm no expert by any means and i'm here to get some advice just like you. Good luck, and if you get any info that helps out, please post it and i will do likewise

clarification

Sean Mota said:
CSR is incorrect. Guide data is coming through Satellite every night. Where are you located and which channel are you having problems with?
Shreveport, Louisiana. The channel is channel 12 KSLA CBS. The RF channel for them is 17. Getting 98% on it.

Like I said, the head engineer says that they know there is something fubar but he did not seem too concerned. "We will look through the data over the next few weeks." :mad:

He was very talkative but the "next few weeks" stuff irked me.

One suggestion he thought might be causing the problem was the guide data. (Perhaps a conflict) I had initially thought it was coming through the dish and told him this. But I told him I would confirm with VOOM and then shoot him an email letting him know the answer. Now that you confirmed it does in fact come from the satellite that helps. Thanks

He also wanted me to send him the PSIP data that shows on the screen when doing the signal test. Weird thing is the screen tells me to hit page for more detail, but it does nothing when I hit page. When I hit details, I a little more info though.

sahovis, it is related to the PSIP change.

Sean, I gave you my PAX digital station info twice over the last 3 months and I still don't have any info in my guide. If you want it again, here it is:

KPAX, Portland, OR, VHF channel 4 digital, assigned digital channel: 22-1 Pax, 22-2 PaxEast, 22-3 Worship, 22-4 Faith.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts