New channels not on tivo guide

snaggerbob said:
The new voom channels are not showing up on my channel list for tivo. What do I do to get them?

I sure Tivo pulls its listing from Tribune like most other companies and Tribune hasn't updated their records yet. I sent an update request to Tribune yesterday, but if anyone else wants to also:

Send to feedback@zap2it.com
If you wish to report a cable or satellite lineup discrepancy: please fill-in the "Subject:" line as "Lineup Discrepancy," and include the following information or your request will not be processed:
  • Satellite System Name
  • Specific Description of Problem (channels missing or incorrect, program data incorrect, date/time of specific occurrence, etc.)
  • Provider Phone Number
  • Provider Service (cable, satellite)
  • City
  • State or Province (and country if outside of the United States)
  • Zip or Postal Code

HD_Eric said:
Can you record something and watch something else with TiVO and VOOM?
You can if the 'something else' is a program you have already recorded. You cannot however record a live program and watch a different live program.

HD_Eric said:
Can you record something and watch something else with TiVO and VOOM?

The no answer is not quite accurate. One of the most impressive things a tivo box does is seamlesslessly combine two sources of channels (like cable and voom, or an ota antenna and voom).

When you flip channles with the tivo, it seamlessly goes from the last channel on the cable or ant, to the first channel on voom (100, tivo won't show your locals from the voom box). The voom stb is doing this too, with ant and dish.

So, if the tivo is recording something from one of your cable channels, or ant channels, you can feel free to flip around on the voom box and watch another channel while the tivo is recording.

When the tivo is recording from the voom box, though, the answer is no, you can't watch another channel than the one that is being recorded.

That's why I've always wanted a big chassis, where I could plug in any number of tuners I wanted, and felt that that devices should interface to that chassis, and seamlessly combine all the channels from all the tuners, without making me change inputs. As small a task as it is, I hate to change from ant a to antb to video1 to video2, etc.

I've definitely run into the situation where there were 3 or 4 shows on at once that I wanted to watch. Not often, but it happens. And its going to happen more and more as we get more and more channels to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts