New Wally Receiver to Launch March 17th

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Looks like a St. Pat's Day present for those of you interested in the new Wally receiver. Dish has announced that the Wally will be available March 17th. The retail price will be $99. It should be free for most qualifying new and existing customers.

I'm not sure if it was said before but it does allow the connection of an EHD for DVR use. It also has Netflix.

Will they allow these to be activated on a Hopper 3 account, as a "tailgater" like they do with the 211 series?

Will they allow these to be activated on a Hopper 3 account, as a "tailgater" like they do with the 211 series?

According to Dish the Wally can only be paired with other Wallys and cannot be combined with other receiver families on the same account.

Not according to what DISH told us yesterday:

"Install the Wally with a DPP LNBF appropriate for the customer’s location. The Wally is not compatible with the new DPH LNBF."
But that makes no sense.
The Hybrid LNB is both.
Other DPP receivers work just fine with the Hybrid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
But that makes no sense.
The Hybrid LNB is both.
Other DPP receivers work just fine with the Hybrid.

I agree. I'm just relaying the instructions that were sent from DISH to retailers yesterday.

I agree. I'm just relaying the instructions that were sent from DISH to retailers yesterday.
It's strange, because now you will be stuck with a max of 3 Wallys.
And if you want more, now you're bringing in DPP44s for a 4 room system.
That has to be a Mistake.
I bet they mean install only with DPH LNB, because why would they use Old mixed technology when everything else works with a Hybrid LNB

Reactions: 300mag
According to Dish the Wally can only be paired with other Wallys and cannot be combined with other receiver families on the same account.

Currently I have two 211k receivers. I can't upgrade one at a time - they would both have to be upgraded?

Looks like a St. Pat's Day present for those of you interested in the new Wally receiver. Dish has announced that the Wally will be available March 17th. The retail price will be $99. It should be free for most qualifying new and existing customers.

I'm not sure if it was said before but it does allow the connection of an EHD for DVR use. It also has Netflix.

Is $99 the purchase price or the price to get one on lease?

Is $99 the purchase price or the price to get one on lease?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)