New Wally Receiver to Launch March 17th

Not according to what DISH told us yesterday:

"Install the Wally with a DPP LNBF appropriate for the customer’s location. The Wally is not compatible with the new DPH LNBF."

Interesting as that was one thing told to use directly by Vivek with the interesting part was being able to use up to 16 Wally's using just one Hybrid LNB.

Interesting as that was one thing told to use directly by Vivek with the interesting part was being able to use up to 16 Wally's using just one Hybrid LNB.

I know! I was looking forward to that for MDU's so we wouldn't have to use chained DPP44's anymore.

It wouldn't be the first time that Dish handed out incorrect info to the retailers/installers. We saw some of this when the Hopper 3 was first being introduced.

We can only hope until they come out and we get to test them. :biggrin

Reactions: TheKrell
It doesn't make any sense that the Wally would not work with the DPH. Given the name "Wally" as in part of the Kangaroo family! That would be really confusing if it only works with a DPP.. Somethings fishy here ;).
Gerry

Reactions: navychop
I know! I was looking forward to that for MDU's so we wouldn't have to use chained DPP44's anymore.
We can only hope until they come out and we get to test them. :biggrin

You will, of course, test upon receipt and report back PROMPTLY!!!

;)
:D

Reactions: JSheridan
If the Wally which uses the new interface is launched on March 17, do you think that Dish will push out the new carbon interface to the hopper with sling receivers by March 17?

Reactions: pattykay
If the Wally which uses the new interface is launched on March 17, do you think that Dish will push out the new carbon interface to the hopper with sling receivers by March 17?

Not by March 17, but I expect to start seeing the CUI on the HWS in a phased roll out probably starting in late March or April.

As always, that's just my opinion. :)

I like the 3 hour guide so I can see what is playing during prime time anytime on my local channels. But there is only 30 minutes difference and I can tell that most shows at 9:00 pm are an hour so if I can see the first 30 minutes I can tell what the other 30 minutes is.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Beat me! Beat me!

Oh, The Humanity of it All!

;)
:oldwink

Now I wonder if there was some other aspect of the CUI that I don't recall but tilted me away from it. No matter, I'll get used to it, as I did the tiles with no list option.

Reactions: Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)