New way to get British TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
As someone who was stationed in the UK in the 1980’s, I am always on the lookout for a way to watch British TV in the US. For the last few years I have been using a VPN with varying degrees of success. A VPN slows down my fairly fast internet to barely watchable picture quality. I was tempted to use the sling box based service that Scott uses, but was put off by the high initial cost and fairly high monthly cost.
I recently came across a fairly new service that seemed too good to be true. You have to buy a Roku sized puck (there are 2 models, $99 or $129) and the basic package of the most popular channels is $25 a month (they also have $30 and $35 packages).
Besides being able to watch tv live, they keep at least 10 days of past shows in the cloud, that are also available (any of which you can copy to a thumb drive to keep and watch on other devices such as a laptop).
The picture quality is fantastic (they automatically route you to the best server, which includes servers in the US).
It is all legal and above board. The backer of this service is Lord Sugar (he is the Donald Trump of the British version of The Apprentice).
I don't have any connection to this service, but I can honestly say it's good value for money.
The website is www.uktveverywhere.com
Since I got my box they are running a promotion where you get a free box if you prepay for a years service. By the way they use Paypal if you like.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for the info, but I'm not willing to pay the freight. Sigh.

British comedies are the best:
Are you being served
As Time Goes By
Chef
Coupling
Doc Martin
Last of the Summer Wine
Open All Hours
Vicar of Dibley
Waiting for God
Yes Minister

Have I forgotten a few? I'm sure I have.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Keep searching guys. I receive BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV Choice, CBS Drama, CBS Reality, Dave, PICK, Channel 4, Channel 5, More4, E4, Yesterday, BBC News, Film4, 5*, 5 USA, Challenge, Really and others for free. Or pay a low monthly subscription (under $20) to receive all the above channels plus all the Sky Sports, Sky Movie channels, Watch, Drama, etc.

Keep searching guys. I receive BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITV Choice, CBS Drama, CBS Reality, Dave, PICK, Channel 4, Channel 5, More4, E4, Yesterday, BBC News, Film4, 5*, 5 USA, Challenge, Really and others for free. Or pay a low monthly subscription (under $20) to receive all the above channels plus all the Sky Sports, Sky Movie channels, Watch, Drama, etc.
Film on works if you set your location in europe

Sounds the same I use on my Kindle Fire. Not only able to get all that stuff from the UK, I was able to mirror it on my 50" HD Smart TV.....it is so cool.....

No VPN needed.

Well why don't you enlighten everyone to your way of doing it instead of making vague meaningless comments.

I know there are other ways out there some shady, some not. I don't care to take the time to try them as I actually use the vpn for watching UK Ireland Canada Australia and New Zealand tv with a nice consistent speed.

The old saying goes lose lips sink ships.

A majority of these companies are not operating legally and if someone posts them those companies could soon find them self out of business.

In the past I have already been in contact with some of the broadcasters regarding these companies. If someone mentions these companies here I fear they are just getting to companies service shut down.

Me I must admit I do it myself as I have a Slingbox in London hooked up to a Sky DVR. (I have however stopped my sky subscription because what I watch is all available FTA.)

Scott, I think it is more like ALL of them offering live content outside the UK without VPN are illegal under UK broadcasting laws. Legal streaming sources in the UK (with only a few exceptions like Sky News) are strictly required to geolocate content access to the UK only. This is why using VPN works and you can use official sites and Apps....you appear to be within the UK.

Am a fan of having as much entertainment options as possible but I wouldn't go advertising it from the local water tower

I can concur with what Scott and Joe are saying first hand. I recently worked for an entertainment company that had a hardware division. We were always getting hit on to sell illegal boxes which of course that was not how they were selling it. I was glad that the owner was savvy enough to see through it and understand it for what it really was.

Of course that was not free to the consumer, but eventually they would realize that they wasted money on a great door stopper.

Is there one for Canadian TV or do we just do BitTor or VPN? I saw video of a Can. IPTV service, but I believe it's restricted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)