New X4 satellite mapped wrong

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Whats your TDT count? Mine is 1749. My channels now after a soft reboot is 201 -954 Channel count is 4782. Your channel count probably has some corruption in it. if you have a high TDT 1920 you want to do a MR before Christmas Eve and get it straightened out or you will have problems next year.
Guess what, there is no TDT count. That particular thing just isn't there.

Guess what, there is no TDT count. That particular thing just isn't there.

It has to be or your receiver is toast. See picture attached. Options 6.0.5 > arrow to diagnostics G.

Attachments

• TDT.jpg
    TDT.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 209
It has to be or your receiver is toast. See picture attached. Options 6.0.5 > arrow to diagnostics G.

Receiver operation is nominal. All X4 Channels loaded but no Guide for X4. Guide is normal otherwise. DMX reception on 900 channels. Regarding TDT and your instructions this is correct of course. Area that should be TDT is blanked with ffff.
I am second owner on this rec. and it always is like that. Previous owner was supposed to be in communications development. If any changes were made receiver shows absolutely no sign of intrusion. As of today antenna will be aimed at no satellite.

Been reading allot all around on 4DTV. I have a 922 that I have been experimenting with and all I can get to come in is
CSPAN on G1/7 I have tried other sats, and can't seem to get anything to come in. Now in the Diagnostic area that you have illustrated
the line that has receiver number says "Not in support mode" ,the line just below and on down read,

0000EC 0000EC 0000EC 0000EC 000000
0012001B00000000 FED4 1 1000 141
0000 On 3AA72DC1 3A0110FD Random numbers and letters
508 0 0 17220 4131 :00-00
0000 0001 1FFF 1FFF 1FFF 0FFE
3973 2388 0 0 0 534

Now I have tried calling both broadcast services for a rehit, or activation
and they both say they won't with out a subscription. I told them that
until I could realize that it would work for me I wasn't inclined to subscribe.
I wasn't going to pay for something until I new it was going to work for me.
So, am I at a delema and won't receive any of the other stuff that is FTA
until I get activated, or should I be receiving all FTA channels now??

If the box was previously subbed at one point you could go to T4 600-602 and get PBS Net. They are in ZK (wide open DC-2) This will show if the unit is good.

Been reading allot all around on 4DTV. I have a 922 that I have been experimenting with and all I can get to come in is
CSPAN on G1/7 I have tried other sats, and can't seem to get anything to come in. Now in the Diagnostic area that you have illustrated
the line that has receiver number says "Not in support mode" ,the line just below and on down read,
?
[SNIP]
You may have your satellites lined up wrong. CSPAN is on C3/7 not G1/7

This has happened several times already. I map X4 in , (just after) It's Tile sits immediately left of w5, again today, I notice the tile moved to the #3 position left of w5. I go back to w5/600 (sit for a few minutes) , check the sat tiles and it's moved back to, 1 left of w5.
hmmmm (haven't been on G1) only w3 & w5 this morn. Unit is set NOT to move on it's own and was not turned off last night. (hardly ever gets turned off). This is not the first time the x4 tile has moved.
Anybody know why and if it a concern.

This happens to us as well. I could be wrong but I think it happens to most everyone. Maybe someone else can chime in

If I go to X4 either position my map is the same. I have the 100 -8xx list. Wondering if the 200-9xx is better. Hist W and HGTV W is not in my 100-9xx list.

As far as I know 200-9xx is better only because that is what all the published channel listings use.

Attachments

• X4 Channel List.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 195
For some reason I keep getting the 100-8xx map, even after reset. Not planning any more soft resets at this time. If my W5 map stays, I'll probably prefer using it (if I can) as I'm familiar with its numbers. Also made a list of the W5 generics if thats a way to keep getting W feeds of Hist & HGTV.

Last edited:
QUOTE=dhj;2419709]For some reason I keep getting the 100-8xx map, even after reset. Not planning any more soft resets at this time. If my W5 map stays, I'll probably prefer using it (if I can) as I'm familiar with its numbers. Also made a list of the W5 generics if thats a way to keep getting W feeds of Hist & HGTV.[/QUOTE]

You might check this and it's only a wild guess on my part as to your problem. If you haven't already.
Press options,6, 0 which will give you a screen with 5 options, select 5 and go to screen G by using the left arrow key. Top line and the 5th set of numbers should be lower than 1950 if not then you'll need to do a master reset. I checked all my 920's and there at 1714 count.
But big problem if you would have to do a reset at this time I'm not sure if G1 is still available, you would need to check on this.

Last edited:
Thanks but don't think the count is an issue with my 905.
BTW guide is still there, I updated today.
Still watching my subs and using the guide. No boogieman sighted around here yet, unless you count NPS.

I have two 905's. One won't do the 200- channel map and the other did fine. Both units have good Id numbers and were previously subb'd.

If I go to X4 either position my map is the same. I have the 100 -8xx list. Wondering if the 200-9xx is better. Hist W and HGTV W is not in my 100-9xx list.

When you are on W5 600, unplug the receiver for about 2 minutes and then plug it back in and wait on channel 600 for the new X4 map to download. You should then have 4782 channels from 4809 and the X4 channels starting from 201.

Regards,

Candid

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)