New XM Channels on DirecTv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djdanska

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Just a heads up for those who listen to xm on DirecTv.
This is what im seeing now on my directivo.
Changes take place Midnight Eastern/11pm Central
809 Nashville! changes to US Country
817 Kiss Changes to XM Hit list
818 Mix changes to Flight 26
820 Sunny Changes to Escape
825 Eye Changes to Heat
826 The Fish changes to The Message
837 Music Lab changes to Big Tracks
842 The Flow changes to The Torch
878 Upcoming: MLB-Home Plate (1am- liquid metal)
879 Upcoming: XM Chill

It pretty much means clear channel content is being taken off of directv. (along with xm Canada and possibly aol)
All commercial free on directv.

edit: Here is some inforation on the new channels.
sm_uscountry.gif

809 - US Country - (XM 17) - 80s and 90s Superstars
Country superstars are more than what's playing right now. For hits from the late 80s and 90s, a journey into US Country is well worth the visit. The careers of artists like Garth Brooks, Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Reba McEntire, Brooks and Dunn, Alabama, George Strait, and Mark Chestnut can be discovered all over again on U.S. Country.

sm_flight26.gif

818 - Flight 26 - (XM 26) - Modern Hits 90s & Now
Check into Flight 26 for the modern hits of the 90s and now. You'll hear Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Nickelback, Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, Maroon 5, Sheryl Crow, Goo Goo Dolls.

sm_xmhitlist.gif

817 - XM Hitlist - (XM 30) - Today's Hit Music
Forget the hype. Find the music. Turn up XM Hits, where all that's played are the Top 40, chart-topping, groove-grinding hits that are unmistakably now. And undoubtedly the moment's best. You'll hear Usher, Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani, Maroon 5, 3 Doors Down, Green Day.

sm_themessage.gif

826 - The Message - (XM 32) - Christian Pop & Rock
It's music with a powerful and positive message. An uplifting mix of Christian pop and rock hits from the 80s through today including Mercy Me, Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, Natalie Grant, Jeremy Camp.

sm_liquidmetal.gif

878 ?? Liquid Metal - (XM 42) - Heavy Metal (XL)
Liquid Metal is undiluted, industrial-strength metal for the masses. Torturously hard and loud. You'll hear Exodus, Slayer, Megadeth, Morbid Angel, Metallica, Sabbath.

sm_bigtracks.gif

837 - Big Tracks - (XM 49) - Later Classic Rock
The 70s wasn't the end of classic rock - only the beginning. From mullets to air guitars, Big Tracks delivers classic rock's best, straight through the early 90s. What a rockin' state of mind that is. You'll hear Journey, Bon Jovi, REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, Boston, Tom Petty.

sm_theheat.gif

825 - The Heat - (XM 68) - Rhythmic Hits
Today's music is moving across genres, burning up the charts and setting America on fire. The nations' most sizzling hip hop, R&B and Top 40 crossover music. You'll hear Black Eyed Peas, Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Eminem, Gwen Stefani.

sm_escape.gif

820 - Escape - (XM 78) - Easy Listening
Easy instrumental and vocal favorites create a soothing and refreshing Escape. All that's played are the great, popular melodies of the last sixty years. You'll hear Percy Faith, Andy Williams, Bert Kaempfert, Ronnie Aldrich, John Fox, Carpenters, Franck Pourcel, Chet Atkins, Ray Conniff.

sm_xmchill.gif

879 ?? XM Chill - (XM 84) - Chill Music
A voyage into Chill, a place that pulses with exotic and cerebral music known as smooth electronica. Ambient, electronic and downtempo that's beyond a channel. It's an experience in sound. You'll hear Moby, Eno, Thievery Corporation, Zero 7, Chemical Brothers, Air, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Groove Armada.
ch_hits_the_torch_sm.gif

842 - The Torch - (XM 31) - Not new on XM, Just new on Directv
From rhythmic to rock, an amazing blend of alternative music. It's 'Jesus Music' for the 21st century.

Double check the channel numbers; for example, 879 (O&A) went off at midnight, and was replaced with XM Chill, but my system automatically redirected it to 857.

The Torch on Directv only now(ch. 829)

The Torch is on Directv only now it was removed from xm radio_On Directv with the Torch it has a 721 channel not purchased.Even though at Directv.com its included with tc + and above.

Liquid Metal is undiluted, industrial-strength metal for the masses. Torturously hard and loud. You'll hear Exodus, Slayer, Megadeth, Morbid Angel, Metallica, Sabbath

KICK ASS!! But how the F%@& can you put freakin sabbath in with the rest of those bands? Sabbath is drug music, not metal, and def not on the level as the rest of those bands!

the Torch doesn't show up on TC+ package ,it show's channel not purchased
because i have TC+ Package

I've written asking for Music Lab to be returned to us. it was the only good mobile source of Progressive rock, even though it was only 1/3rd prog.

You can't use your Sky Fi 2 to rewind on Fine Tuning, and Deep Tracks doesn't play the new prog acts.. so to make a long story short, the two 'replacements' for music lab are both flawed.

XM Liquid Metal is on 841.

I hope they improve the audio quality, it sounds bad compared to the other stations even thru my TV speakers.

-Chris

Hmm, Liquid Metal sounds fine on my TV. Maybe they just need to play better bands. ;)

Personally I'd love for them to play some In Flames, Evergrey, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, etc. etc.

Channel 51 XM music lab is off air anyone else having that problem?????? That is on the xm radio , I do not know what channel it comes on D TV

Dog6869 said:
Channel 51 XM music lab is off air anyone else having that problem?????? That is on the xm radio , I do not know what channel it comes on D TV
Per XM Radio:
XM 51 - Music Lab moves to XM Radio Online only. In addition, the music and shows heard on Music Lab can now be found on the following channels: Fine Tuning® - XM 76 focuses on the ethereal side of progressive and Deep Tracks - XM 40 covers the harder edge of the progressive spectrum.

i went up to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER and still no The Torch , it shows channel not purchased (721)

Last edited:
Did they take off the XM channel on D* that aired "Opie and Andy" shows? It seems to be gone now. :( Did it move to a higher tier? (I have TCPlus).

kds64 said:
i went up to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER and still no The Torch , it shows channel not purchased (721)

Have you called DirecTV to ask? It is supposed to be in TC+ and up. In fact, isn't all of XM included on TC+ ?

damaged said:
Did they take off the XM channel on D* that aired "Opie and Andy" shows? It seems to be gone now. :( Did it move to a higher tier? (I have TCPlus).

Is that High Voltage? (I don't listen to O&A) I really don't scroll to audio on TV much but can't say I ever remember it (HV channel) there either.

AHH: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/opie-anthony-gone-from-directv.html

I bet it has more to do with XM not wanting one of their major draws on another pay service, but who really knows, no one ever passes the real info.

Attachments

• opie-anthony-directv.jpg
    opie-anthony-directv.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
EDIT: Just saw your link, going to read it, I will leave the below for posterity. :p

EDIT2: Oh well, easy come easy go, since D* did not even have XM when I subbed, I suppose I can't bitch about it too much, besides, I never heard them until D*XM provided them to me anyways, and I would only listen a couple times a week.

BTW, Thanks.

Yep, that's the one, it's nowhere to be seen on my guide (all transponders work as they should, so not missing any channels due to that).

If someone with TCPremiere can check and see if High Voltage is still on their tier and post here, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
damaged said:
Did they take off the XM channel on D* that aired "Opie and Andy" shows?

Yes. O&A interviewed Eric Logan this morning and he said it was a DTV decision. They wanted absolutely NO talk, only music. He argued for them to continue carrying the show, but the end result is that they are XM's customer and can do what they want.

Eric Goempel said:
Not on my list- but liquid metal does show itself as sports-baseball on my guide! LOL
Mine too! I looked at that and was wondering how that worked.. Baseball and Metal??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)