New York - Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hollter

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Lambertville, NJ
Does anyone have this problem with their New York City local channels? It usually starts between 12:30 AM and 1 AM were the TV channels goes blank on the local HD feeds. Like tonight for example, channel 2 (WCBS), 4 (WNBC) and 11 (WPIX) went out. The message on the screen say "Sorry for the inconvience. No need to call us as we are aware of the situation." When I called Directv, they told me that they had no ides that a problem exists and the Technical person I was speaking to was elevating the issue as they could not help me. Is anyone else having this issue?

Someone either here or another forum mentioned that they are doing work on the NYC towers and the signal is shut down around that time.

I see it on the DirecTV DNS stations (390 and 392).

If that is the case, won't more people (including cable viewers) have this problems. For instance, last night HD channel 2 (WCBS) went blank right after David Letterman. There must be some other issue that nobody wants to admit too.

I've seen this happen right around 1AM on both ch390 (80) and 392 (82). To get the talk shows at those times I'm currently also recording the SD versions (380 & 382).

I did notice that Conan is letter boxed on the SD channel.

Anyone know when Craig Ferguson is goiing HD?

If that is the case, won't more people (including cable viewers) have this problems. For instance, last night HD channel 2 (WCBS) went blank right after David Letterman. There must be some other issue that nobody wants to admit too.

No, it's real simple. Apparently the stations are installing a new transmitter antenna and they are closing down their digital feed at night so they can do work on their systems. It only affects OTA digital and DirecTV (because DirecTV uses the OTA feed).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)