Newb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

merchione

Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
El Paso
So I'm getting Directv for the first time in about a month and I dont have local HD from DTV only OTA, so I was wondering if it was possible to record the office, lost, and other shows from the OTA signals to my HD DVR?

So I'm getting Directv for the first time in about a month and I dont have local HD from DTV only OTA, so I was wondering if it was possible to record the office, lost, and other shows from the OTA signals to my HD DVR?
For HR20, yes.
For HR21, not without the additional tuner for $59

Note also that you don't get to choose whether you get an HR20 or an HR21 (unless you buy one at a retailer).

With an OTA capable setup, you can record up to two simultaneous programs whether from satellite, OTA or one of each.

Note also that you don't get to choose whether you get an HR20 or an HR21 (unless you buy one at a retailer).

With an OTA capable setup, you can record up to two simultaneous programs whether from satellite, OTA or one of each.

Great news guys thanks! I have Time Warner right now, and where I live they only offer the most common HD channels, ESPN, HBO, TNT, HDNET, MOJO, DHD, and all locals but not CW. I have been suffering for more HD about 2 years now, thats why I'm Switching.

Has anyone purchased the HD DVR from COSTCO? is it an HR20 or HR21?

Great news guys thanks! I have Time Warner right now, and where I live they only offer the most common HD channels, ESPN, HBO, TNT, HDNET, MOJO, DHD, and all locals but not CW. I have been suffering for more HD about 2 years now, thats why I'm Switching.

Has anyone purchased the HD DVR from COSTCO? is it an HR20 or HR21?

If you're a new customer I think you have to have directv install it and you don't really have a choice as to which model they bring. You can buy and activate another receiver after they leave though. In my area all the stores only carry the HR21, but I think solidsignal still let's you order the hr20.

If you're a new customer I think you have to have directv install it and you don't really have a choice as to which model they bring. You can buy and activate another receiver after they leave though. In my area all the stores only carry the HR21, but I think solidsignal still let's you order the hr20.
Yeah I think Costco just does the HR21. You could always place the order with D* and request the HR20. It doesn't mean that you will get it, but if they have a few they're trying to get rid of and if you specifically ask for it I'm sure they'll be more than happy to unload it on you. I did that and they actually brought over 2 HR20s, which was good because the first one they put in was broken.

do any of you know the answer to the following? 7 months ago i had signed up for D and only an hour after the install i canceled everything. i was disappointed on a few things. but now i'm thinking of trying again. will D give me the offers like a new customer or will i have problems?

do any of you know the answer to the following? 7 months ago i had signed up for D and only an hour after the install i canceled everything. i was disappointed on a few things. but now i'm thinking of trying again. will D give me the offers like a new customer or will i have problems?

yes they will

yes they will

REALLY ????

When did they change thier policy on new subs ?

It use to be "Once a sub, always a sub" ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts