Newbie Question - DirecTv SWM Dish/LNB RV Install Using a Non-SWM Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brad4436

Original poster
Dec 27, 2018
Cypress
Hi folks, I am a newbie to DirecTv system installs and a subscriber to this wonderful forum. After doing a lot of research on this site, I purchased a “DirecTv Swim Mobile RV Portable Satellite Dish Tripod Kit SWM SL3S” for use with our travel trailer on weekends. My plan was to use the H25-500 receiver from the spare bedroom with the system when we travel.

After checking all the receivers in our home system, I discovered we have a H24-100 receiver in the den. Can I eliminate the need to use the power inserter in the travel trailer SWM SL3S setup if I use the H24-100 receiver instead of the H25? In other words, will the H24-100 receiver provide the 21 volts needed to power the SWM LNB? That would one less item I have to plug into the travel trailer and I don’t want to have to purchase a different dish and LNB.

Thanks in advance

:welcome to Satelliteguys Brad4436!
No, you still need the power inserter. Only the H44, HR54, and HS17 don't need an external power inserter since they have one built in.

However, if he wants to use the H24 instead of the H25, he can use the older Non SWM LNB if he wants, thus eliminating the Power inserter, as the H24 will power the Non SWM LNB.

Brad,
Is the issue, not enough places to plug stuff in ?
If so, you can introduce the Power Inserter (PI) into the system at any location, doesn't need to be at the recvr.

Personally, I use the HR24 in the basement and PI as well that way I have less to deal with up top at the TV location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts