Newbie - adding a 301 receiver/dish500 sat to existing account from another location

silentbob

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
So I got my hands on a free dish500 sat and 2 (I believe they are) 301 receivers. I was hoping to add a receiver to my account here at home, pay the $5 fee and be able to hook up at my clubhouse.

Does anyone have a link or advice on how to set up/point the dish and/or add the receiver easily? Is it as simple as calling DishNetwork, activating a new receiver, then setting up the new dish/receiver?

The zip code would be different, but the local channels would be the same (out of st. louis) - would I still get the local channels?

Any advice or links to info would be appreciated. We'd like to watch the NCAA tourney from there later this week!

You just have the dish and receiver hooked up and then call dish to activate the receiver and they send a hit. It is not legal to have multiple receivers and multiple locations. Not sure where your clubhouse falls, but thats the rule. Input your zip into the dish signal strength screen and it will show the specs needed for the dish 500. Make sure the mast is perfectly level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts