Echostar applies to move Echostar6 to 77w

I had E* installed in December and at that time, I was set up to receive 129, 110 and 119,but not 61.5. I know 129 and 61.5 generally mirror each other, but it looks like that may not be the case going forward correct? If the Cleveland HD locals do end up going on 61.5 and not 129, is it a matter of a repoint or would I need a new dish? Having not been here very long, how as dish handled these situations in the past? Would they resist coming out and recalibrating my existing dish or charge me for a new one? Or are they generally willing to make changes to keep people happy?

With all of the Eastern Arc talk and my generally recent install, why would they not have set me up to receive 61.5 to begin with? I'm not sure why they would install people in my area with 129, knowing that those of us subscribing to locals and HD would need to be changed once everything migrated to 61.5.

Okay so this differs from what we originally thought. 61.5 will not be enough. If this is the case it will be a big deal. I already have two dishes. I guess I wont need the one pointed to 119 anymore, but I have no desire to pay for another dish.

I had E* installed in December and at that time, I was set up to receive 129, 110 and 119,but not 61.5. I know 129 and 61.5 generally mirror each other, but it looks like that may not be the case going forward correct? If the Cleveland HD locals do end up going on 61.5 and not 129, is it a matter of a repoint or would I need a new dish? Having not been here very long, how as dish handled these situations in the past? Would they resist coming out and recalibrating my existing dish or charge me for a new one? Or are they generally willing to make changes to keep people happy?

With all of the Eastern Arc talk and my generally recent install, why would they not have set me up to receive 61.5 to begin with? I'm not sure why they would install people in my area with 129, knowing that those of us subscribing to locals and HD would need to be changed once everything migrated to 61.5.

Noone knows where the Cleveland HDs will go. I have 61.5 but they could very well end up on 129 since STO and FSN-Ohio HDs are there. OR maybe they will mirror the RSNs on 61.5. Dunno.

Don't get worried about the dish type details yet...it will come in due time.

Looks like E6 might be kind of tough to get in Maine. Funny how some of the beam just shoots off into space now.

Weren't they also looking to get 86.5 or something like that..

hmm.. the math for 86.5 - 77 = 9.5 is pretty darn close to 119 - 110 = 9 .. doncha think? Guess dish 500 might be here to stay after all :p

A Dish 500 covers a 9' span with the current LNB bracket design. 61.5 to 77 is a 15.5' span and I've no idea if it can cover that spread or not.

Remember people, if Dish moves stuff that you pay for and then "lose", the req'd dish upgrade (or re-point) is free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)