Echostar applies to move Echostar6 to 77w

A Dish 500 covers a 9' span with the current LNB bracket design. 61.5 to 77 is a 15.5' span and I've no idea if it can cover that spread or not.

Remember people, if Dish moves stuff that you pay for and then "lose", the req'd dish upgrade (or re-point) is free.

hall, wouldn't it work with a newer model dish with two LNBs? My 1000+ works with 129 to 110 which is a span of 19.

A D1000 could cover 19 degrees span from one side to the other. With a new Y bracket or new LNB they could use a D1000 or D1000.2 to get 61.5W and 77W on the same dish.

Anyone have the notes from the latest filing on the health of E6...on the road today.

Lots could be done with this setup at 61.5 and 77w. :)

I'm curious on how the interference issue will play a part with the 72.5 satellite. They should see soon with the testing of AMC-14's testing slot.

They said in the filling that once the 180 days were finished that they would move Echostar 6 to a "disposable orbit". What the hell does that mean? Are they just going to leave it up there waiting to dispose of it later? Why move it to 77 for just 180 days ? Are we going to need this sat for eastern arc and if so will the 77 sat be the central sat in both the eastern arc and eventual western arc as well? Anybody got any ideas?

Umm.... Doesn't bell have a sat at 82W so with a DBS sat at 77 that is only a 5 degree spacing and won't that conflict with the problem of having a 9 degree spacing between dbs sats...

They said in the filling that once the 180 days were finished that they would move Echostar 6 to a "disposable orbit". What the hell does that mean? Are they just going to leave it up there waiting to dispose of it later? Why move it to 77 for just 180 days ? Are we going to need this sat for eastern arc and if so will the 77 sat be the central sat in both the eastern arc and eventual western arc as well? Anybody got any ideas?
I think they're saying that E-6 is a temporary solution, until the new Mexican satellite replaces it. Kind of like E-5 at 129W. Looks to me like 77W will be used by Dish for a long time.

Thanks RandallA. Will that setup require one or two coax to a DPP44 switch?

One cable run per orbital location going to a switch so you'll need two.

IMO, they need a second orbital location to pull this Eastern Arc thing off. This filing makes sense and we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Scott said in his Scottie chat not to buy any switches, lnbs or dishes. Let's wait and see what they do.

Yes there is a satellite at 82W but that is supposed to be for Canada only. But the birds at 82W provide coverage to most of the US.

Also do not forget there is a satellite at 72.5 providing locals for DirecTV. But there's nothing new about 77W since Echostar4 has been there transmitting for quite a while so I am sure they have done lots of interference tests already.

Yes there is a satellite at 82W but that is supposed to be for Canada only. But the birds at 82W provide coverage to most of the US.

Also do not forget there is a satellite at 72.5 providing locals for DirecTV. But there's nothing new about 77W since Echostar4 has been there transmitting for quite a while so I am sure they have done lots of interference tests already.

They mentioned in the filing that having a satellite at 77W shouldn't interfere with Directv's satellite at 72.5W. I think they got that covered and like you said they've done tests already.

However the sat at 77 is broadcasting only to the southern states and would interfere with 82 as much.

One cable run per orbital location going to a switch so you'll need two.

IMO, they need a second orbital location to pull this Eastern Arc thing off. This filing makes sense and we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Scott said in his Scottie chat not to buy any switches, lnbs or dishes. Let's wait and see what they do.

OK, thanks RandallA. I am not doing anything tell Dish has things finalized. Just curious for right now. I wish Dish would come out with a super duper DPP44 switch that can handles five or six birds. In my area (62269) I need to look at five satellites now to get everything I want and I don't even have the International packages.

I am just curious, but in the attached PDF, why is a lot of the "Redacted -- For Public Inspection" blacked out? One blacked out part follows the statement "EchoStar to use the Satellite and the QuetzSat-1 Satellite at the Orbital Location for the Intended Purpose,"....

Just curious....

... Of providing HD channels SOON.....

Umm.... Doesn't bell have a sat at 82W so with a DBS sat at 77 that is only a 5 degree spacing and won't that conflict with the problem of having a 9 degree spacing between dbs sats...
As long as they keep interference south of the border, it doesn't matter to Dish.

I had E* installed in December and at that time, I was set up to receive 129, 110 and 119,but not 61.5. I know 129 and 61.5 generally mirror each other, but it looks like that may not be the case going forward correct? If the Cleveland HD locals do end up going on 61.5 and not 129, is it a matter of a repoint or would I need a new dish? Having not been here very long, how as dish handled these situations in the past? Would they resist coming out and recalibrating my existing dish or charge me for a new one? Or are they generally willing to make changes to keep people happy?

With all of the Eastern Arc talk and my generally recent install, why would they not have set me up to receive 61.5 to begin with? I'm not sure why they would install people in my area with 129, knowing that those of us subscribing to locals and HD would need to be changed once everything migrated to 61.5.

It doesn't appear that anyone will "need" to move to 61.5. It will likely be an optional service entirely. You won't lose anything by not moving to 61.5.

It doesn't appear that anyone will "need" to move to 61.5. It will likely be an optional service entirely. You won't lose anything by not moving to 61.5.

You will not be able to receive the Pentagon Channel (9405) which is in the AT Pak 100 unless you have 61.5 or 148.

My question comes down to if I wanted to view my locals (that I am paying for) in HD and I don't have 61.5, where would that leave me? Somebody mentioned that E* wouldn't charge extra for a re-point or new dish if a customer needed it view services that they pay for and that makes sense. My question is, since I'm currently paying to view my locals in sd on 129, would they locals going to HD on 61.5 (that I don't receive) qualify as optional or a continuation of service I'm already receiving? It seems like a gray area. I was just looking for some clarification.

Actually, the Pentagon Channel is a Public Interest (PI) channel, available to anybody. But you do need 61.5 or 148 to get it.

Well, they ought to pay for the second dish then or take it out of the AT 100 Pak if customers want it. Seems to me anyway. What do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)