Newbie advice needed

davestr

Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Pardon my Dish Network ignorance after over 15 years with DirecTV. I will be getting Dish HD service at an apartment in Tennessee. Also have a part time residence in a wooded area in Indiana. I only need a simple standard def receiver in Indiana. Can I purchase a used receiver on Ebay and add it to my account in TN? I also have a 24" round dish with a DirecTV lnb in Indiana to help me get a signal through the trees. Will a Dish Network lnb fit a standard lnb support arm?

Thanks!

it depends on if your on the Eastern Arc or Westetn Arc. If they install the EA you will only be able to activate HD equipment. You will need to change dishes at your wooded house in IN

If you tell them just what you posted here they won't let you activate a receiver for another residence, part time or not, unless it is in a second account.

davestr said:
Thanks. I also own a motor home. Can I use a second receiver that way?

There are RV accounts and, I think, still a way to add a second receiver for RV use with the proper paper work. There's just two of us at home and I have two receivers. The VIP612 is used in our trailer when camping and sometimes in the den when we have overnight guests. I turn it off and on all the time and only pay for the days its active, at 10 bucks a month. Talked to CSRs for years when switching it off and on and have had the audit department call a couple of times and none of these folks have ever said what I was doing was wrong or forbidden.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)