Newbie can't get better than 67/100 strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Somethings NOT right, the L.O. for the Invacom QPH-031 is 10750 for the Linear outputs, and 11250 for the Circular outputs!

I use the Invacom QPH-031............trust me :)

Satellite meters are great to pick up signal strength, with the down side being they WILL pull you to the stronger DBS satellites!

Set the correctly L.O. at 10750 for a Linear output, enter a LIVE TP. and move the dish until you see signal QUALITY ONLY!

Whoops! Forgot to add O.L. means Local Oscillator, but your right on your receiver its called "LNB freq."

Last edited:
Whew are you knocking at my door ? Been there and done the EXACT same thing that you are doing and ZIPPO, not one dang TV station when i went to find Sat Mex 5.

I was told that the Spitfire LNB was the worst on the market for KU Band, so am waiting for another better LNB from a guy in No. CA. that has done these Dishes for a lot of people. He said Sat Mex 5 is a real WEAK hard to find signal in No. CA.

keep me posted, i am in the same boat as you... gott get this thing going or i am gonna go CRAZY.

I used a Spitfire LNBF for a few years and it was a good LNB for its time! But you are right there is no way back after using one of the newer LOW noise LNB's

I now use a QPH-031 Invacom! NICE!

Hawktalk. I'm new here too but I feel your pain. Took me three days to hit my first bird! I still don't have the one I want, but after finally getting SOMETHING I know it is just a matter of time. Don't give up.
Nailing a spot in the sky that is 23,000 miles out isn't as easy as it looks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

homemade mount for 2nd circular lnb

Just got a Primstar Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)