Newbie considering D* install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

interstitialfill

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys, quick questions for you. I live in an apartment and I called to get E* installed a few months ago, but they called me and said they could not install service at my apartment because they couldn't drill a hole to feed the cable into my living room, and that they couldn't use a flat line under the window because E* wouldn't allow them to use this anymore. I want to get D* installed, but do you think I will have the same problem with the installer crew doing this? I want the new HD channels, and I assume they do not want to use flat line under the window because of possible signal loss. Is there any other way or do you think I would have a problem with this now?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey guys, quick questions for you. I live in an apartment and I called to get E* installed a few months ago, but they called me and said they could not install service at my apartment because they couldn't drill a hole to feed the cable into my living room, and that they couldn't use a flat line under the window because E* wouldn't allow them to use this anymore. I want to get D* installed, but do you think I will have the same problem with the installer crew doing this? I want the new HD channels, and I assume they do not want to use flat line under the window because of possible signal loss. Is there any other way or do you think I would have a problem with this now?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Don't know about the cable. Have you talked to your landlord to see if they would allow for hole to be drilled to allow for the cable run? If they say yes ask for it in writting so you can show it to the installer.

just buy the equipment at bestbuy and install it how you want, then call and activate it. That way, you get the service for sure, it's just up to you to decide what to do about the cable feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)