Newbie... Dish522 w/Expressvu Dish?

bjc

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Sorry for what might be a newbie question... I currently have a Dish 522 working with a Dish 500 dish... I'd like to know if the Dish 500 dish can be replaced with an Expressvu dish/lnb and if all will work ok? Is there a specific dish/lnb/switch combination that I need to look for or will any currently available Expressvu package work?

B

bjc said:
Sorry for what might be a newbie question... I currently have a Dish 522 working with a Dish 500 dish... I'd like to know if the Dish 500 dish can be replaced with an Expressvu dish/lnb and if all will work ok? Is there a specific dish/lnb/switch combination that I need to look for or will any currently available Expressvu package work?

B

You cannot use a DISH receiver to receive ExpressVu programming. Likewise, you cannot use an ExpressVu receiver to receive DISH programming.

I think that takes care of this thread.

Van said:
He might be referring to just using the expressvue dish to get the 110/119 signals.

I doubt it. Notice he says he already has a DISH500. It doesn't make any sense at all for him to switch his DISH500 for anything from ExpressVu unless he wants ExpressVu programming. If it works with a DISH500, leave it alone.

chaddux said:
I doubt it. Notice he says he already has a DISH500. It doesn't make any sense at all for him to switch his DISH500 for anything from ExpressVu unless he wants ExpressVu programming. If it works with a DISH500, leave it alone.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Re-reading my post I think it was pretty clear. To explain, though...

I want to put up a second dish at my cabin... and I have easy access to ExpressVu gear.

So, my question again... will it work, and if so, any idea on specifics.

Thanks.

As no one seems to want to answer you - only diagram your sentences- the Expressvu dish and the Dish 500 both allow for lnbs 9 degrees apart - 110/119 and 82/91.

Legacy setups should be interchangable between the 2.

Yes - the outdoor gear is the same.

You can NOT use an E* receiver on 82/91 nor an ExpressVu receiver on 110/119.

In fact, there have been reports of the receivers being trashed by taking a software download from the wrong provider, so don't even try it.

HDTVFanAtic said:
As no one seems to want to answer you - only diagram your sentences- the Expressvu dish and the Dish 500 both allow for lnbs 9 degrees apart - 110/119 and 82/91.
Thanks very much for the clear and concise response. That pretty much ends this thread!

B

bjc said:

B

yes it will work. Dish & Express dish/lnb/switches are interchangable

SimpleSimon said:
You can NOT use an E* receiver on 82/91 nor an ExpressVu receiver on 110/119.

In fact, there have been reports of the receivers being trashed by taking a software download from the wrong provider, so don't even try it.

correct...If the software downloads, you're screwed :)

Urban legend, he he; as I saw in those printouts Dish and EVU select receivers by version numbers and all EVU's starting from "Exxx", none of Dish receivers have such version. Probably factory new PVR could get other SW, but not current.

Smith said:
Urban legend, he he; as I saw in those printouts Dish and EVU select receivers by version numbers and all EVU's starting from "Exxx", none of Dish receivers have such version. Probably factory new PVR could get other SW, but not current.
Ah. Good news if true.

And if so, likely source of the myth is 'factory-new' boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)