Newbie DN/622: Not recording

gregjsmith

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Rio Rancho, NM
Don't know if it's me or a HW problem. My VIP622 history shows that various things have recorded, but there is nothing showing in the recording list. I can manually record things, it appears as if the timers are not working correctly.

Reboot the box by either pulling the power cord or holding down the power button on the front-panel until it restarts.

Also, push RECORD on the remote and let it record for 5-10 minutes, then stop it. Push the DVR button twice on the remote. Does the 5-10 minutes of whatever show you just recorded show up ??

How many timers or events do you have scheduled ?? There's a limit, but it's in the 250+ range.

Try writing down your timers and then deleting them all and starting from scratch. Have you called Dish tech support ?? It might simply be a bad receiver that needs replaced....

I think I figured it out. When the installer came, he configured it for Dual Mode. But I'm only using it on one TV. After reading through the manual I switched it to single mode and now everything is recording.

YES Network

Dish screw Up with my receiver,now free programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)