newbie here, question regards Point Dish and Check Switch

kev888

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Just had mine installed over the weekend. I'm getting all the channels i supposed to get. I did a check switch this morning just for curiosity, all three satellites were seen by my receiver, 119, 110, 129(i'm on the west coast btw). But when I hit the "Done" button and went back to the previous screen(Point Dish) it gave me a red bar and the satellite it's testing was 129. I then exit it out and did it again and this time it was testing satellite 119 and gave me a green bar. The whole time I was on the same channel, how come it's tests different satellite? do they randomly pick one? Also how come it gave me a wrong satellite red bar whenever it test the satellite 129? I called the tech support they told me as long as i'm getting all the channels don't worry about it but it's still something on my mind, can anyone chime in on this? thanks.

Check switch...

checks reception on all satellites in which your dish is pointed--110,119,129. The 129, especially on the west coast is fickle--it has a couple of flat tires they have yet to replace and falls out of orbit. The LA area might be OK, but North into N CA, OR, and WA it becomes a real problem with signal loss. There are other posts in this forum regarding the 129 and signal fluctuations.

N of Seattle here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)