Newbie here with an fta question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

safety31

Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
im totally new at this and honestly have no knowledge about how the whole fta systems work..this guy online was going to install a system for me for like 350...the thing is i see that u can buy the receiver and all the equipement for alot cheaper..i already have a dish on the roof because the previous owners of the house had directv...so i was hoping i could use that one...i really dont know where to start though on figuring out how to do this..if anyone could help i would be very thankful

There should be a FTA forum around here (I customized my view via control panel and haven't figured out how to change it back yet).

I belive Ice Berg is the resident FTA guru and will probably point you in the right direction.

Well there isnt much that a DirecTV dish can pick up..NASA, Gol TV, the audio on Dish 119 and a couple other info type channels

You need a 30” dish and a KU band LNB to get the normal FTA stuff up there.

“this guy online”…what did he tell you you could pick up?

ok so using an 18 inch dish sucks then....alright so im guessing my directtv dish is an 18 incher...sucks because the guy who said he would hook my system up said he would use an 18 inch dish and i would have over 400 channels a ton of ppv and premium channels....what a crock...ok so i get that i have to purchase a new dish then...then what do i do?

You enter the details of a LIVE channel, then point the dish until you see Signal QUALITY only.

Seems the guy is a real crook he is talking about HACKING satellite channels, I would LOVE to have details of his company, feel free to PM them to me. As a State Licensed person I LOVE sticking them in to the authorities!

Have a look at out GOLD sponsors here if you are looking for a reputable dealer, have a look at Sadouns installation page below for some great reading!\

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Installation.htm

Pete
Might as well stop. Here is one of the PM's I got from this "newbie" (newbie....yeah right...and I weigh 150 pounds)

so i sent u his ad...pretty much what i want is ppv channels since i watch alot of ppv..sporting events, ufc...etc...hbos, showtimes etc....what would u recommend that i need...once i buy everything is it hard to set up??like i said i have that direct tv dish....would i get anything that i want with that dish..i already have digital cable at my house that i dont have to pay for..so i pretty much want the dish so i can watch the ppvs and thje premium channels i dont have

his other PM was basically an ad that condones hacking/stealing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)