NEWBIE multiple tv set up

redsoxvw

Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Ok first off im new to this whole dish thing and have been lurking for a bit.......I just signed up with dish and they are coming to install on saturday......im located in dartmouth mass......now i was told I would get 1hd single tuner 1standard dual and 1 standard single reciever............now im not sure what model recievers im going to get, but my question is they told me i could run four tvs off of that.........now I eventually would like to add four more tvs to the system........what would I need to get that ball rolling..........yes thats 8tvs total its a big house LOL..........i just want to be ready......and find out what I will need.....any help is greatly appreciated............oh ya break it down kinda simple at first till i get the hang of some of these terms etc.........Thanks Guys:)

Would you want to watch HD on any of the 4 additional tvs? If so, you might pick up a couple 222s when they are available. If not 2 322s would work. I'm sure you're getting one of those if you're getting a standard dual tuner receiver. 2 tvs can be run off 1 322. You will also need additional switches to run that many receivers. That would be 5. So you would probably need a DPP44 and a DP21. Depending on what they install, they may put in a DPP34 in which case you could just add another.

Also, if you are just moving from room to room, and will never have 8 TV's on at one time, each watching a separate program, then you should consider back-feeding to the other (less-used) TV's.

I don't know which receivers let you conviently back-feek, but the ViP622 will allow you to back-feed both TV1 & TV2 Outputs in SD. Therefore, 2 ViP622 will allow 4 different outputs throughout the house, as well as the ability to record 2 OTA Digital TV and 4 Satellite TV channels at the same time. All 4 outputs could be controlled using UHF PRO Remotes.

This will allow any TV (even more than 8) to have a selection of recordings from 2 ViP622, or Satellite TV Programming, or OTA if viewing as a recording a couple of minutes late; but not more than 4 different viewings at one time.

I believe a couple of ViP222 will do the same as the above, just without recordings. If it hasn't been released yet, it should be soon.:confused:

Last edited:
now i was told I would get 1hd single tuner 1standard dual and 1 standard single reciever

Before they come tell them you would like the HD dual tuner DVR-622 (1 hd & 1 sd TV) & i standard dual tuner-322.

They are offering the 622 free for new customers & the price even with the DVR fee, the fees would be nearly the same if both dual tuners were hooked to a phone line(2nd tuner fee waived if hooked to a phone line), If it were me I would get 2 dual tuner DVR's 1-622 (HD DVR) & 1-625(SD DVR)

Jordan

Yes I would go with the VIP622, you will be glad you did.

One thing nobody has mentioned is that E* will lease the first 2 receivers (4 tuners), he will need to purchase the rest of the receivers.

and I agree with Jordan too, get a 622.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)