Newbie->Need help with ordering the right system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

albert

Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on switching from analog cable to DTV and i'm planning to setup either 2 tivos and 1 regular reciever or 1 tivo and 2 regular recievers? I know that the newest DTV DVR is the R10, right? THe other thing, is there are so many types of packages becuase i was lookin gat expert satellite and rapid satellite, anyone tell me which place has great installs, becuas ei've read horror stories? I need help, please tell me which equipment is the best. And how to get a great intsallation even if it means that i need to pay a bit more for trouble free installatoin. Thanks so much.

r10 is best to get if you are going to get a tivo and use VE as an installer for more info pm "DTV Tivo dealer"

Albert, welcome to Satelliteguys! Value Electronics is one of the best dealers around. As a member of this site you get a 10 percent discount on most items. Check them out there is a link on the top of the page.

silversurfer01973 said:
Albert, welcome to Satelliteguys! Value Electronics is one of the best dealers around. As a member of this site you get a 10 percent discount on most items. Check them out there is a link on the top of the page.

Thanks. I just ordered 2 R10 DVR and a normal reciever from Value Electronics. Cna't wait to get it? Anything wrong with normal 18" dish, if i'm not gonna do HDTV.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

GOOD CHOICE ordering from Value Electronics!

The Phase-III Triple-LNB dish is not only used for HDTV, but some markets locals need that dish, like mine for instance. I always recommend getting it so in case you do go HDTV you already have the dish for it.

Here's who not to order from: RAPID (what a joke for a name) SATELLITE. I'm new to all this but the setup for putting in a system is a nightmare. I ordered a 4 room system from Rapid and the HD receiver was dead on arrival. The installer, a different company, kept trying to get me to pay more for installation after he started even though it seemed like a basic install (whatever that means)and I did most of the drilling through walls. It's been 3 weeks now and I still don't have a replacement. Talking to DirecTV doesn't seem to help ( they're a 3rd company in all this). The receivers seem out of date. For example, none of the manuals talk about DVDs only VCRs. I have 3 Hughes(SD-HBH) and one dead Samsung (SIR-TS360).
The whole system is flawed: Dealing with 3 different companies, long waits for replacements, the customer having to mail back defective parts, etc. I experienced 12 years with cable and had no problems with them or their equipment. I dealt with one company. I guess sat is better but at what price?

maybe some help for you

Directv has addressed some of the confusion customers have with their dealers. Basically directv relies on dealers as it is a national company and most cable companies are more of a local entity. Directv in the past, most of the time, had to refer customers back to the dealers for installtion issues, unless they bought the equipment from DIRECTV, now directv can handle customer issues directly because the larger dealers are using directv's ordering system. Ie ipos, dws for those who know... and can see what the orders were and are.
I have encountered several customers with samsung ts360 doa, all replaced within a short amount of time, by the way I believe the 3 hns sd hbh receivers you have to be one the best models. You are covered by a 90 day install warranty. Call directv for further assistance and they should be able to swap it out for you. FED Ex will ship you a new and you stick the old one in he same box and use the prepaid mailing label all you have to do is call dtv and then fed ex. standard installation does include a pole mount if it's for line of sight issues, unfortunately we have to rely on subcontractors who do our installations, I am constantly hearing of awesome installers and horrible installations, some of these horrible installations are because the man left the boxes in their living room. Although there are some really bad installations call dtv and we will make it right for you. Remember the person on the phone is their to help and are more likely to help to their full extent if you are nice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBA Package in HD

I am up and running...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)