Newbie Question: 722 EHD to Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ldoge307

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
Central Illinios
Good afternoon:

I have conflicting information if I can take an EHD that has recorded shows on it from a VIP722 and plug and play on a new Hopper3. I am looking at upgrading but the significant other has recording she wants to save. Please advise.

Thank you,

In theory, yes. There have been reported issues with the stability of the Hopper3 which I think warrants staying put for now.

And if you do get an H3, don't plug in your EHD until about 3 days after install. It takes them a while to settle in. And BTW, you can't use and EHD used with a VIP 211...may be the point of your conflicting info.

Last edited:
I have a VIP722k with recordings on it that I want to transfer to an EHD. Then I want to upgrade to a Hopper 3. If I follow the recommendations above and wait a few days and deny any Hopper 3 requests to reformat my EHD.... will I have a high chance of success of being able to watch my recordings on the EHD through the new Hopper 3?

I have a VIP722k with recordings on it that I want to transfer to an EHD. Then I want to upgrade to a Hopper 3. If I follow the recommendations above and wait a few days and deny any Hopper 3 requests to reformat my EHD.... will I have a high chance of success of being able to watch my recordings on the EHD through the new Hopper 3?
Yes, It worked just fine for me....

Reactions: peggy97850
My only problem for the first few days I would get a message saying I needed to subscribe to each paid channel on some of the movies that were recorded but soon it went away.

Laughter is the key to happiness

The key for anyone getting a new Hopper for the first time is to remember that it takes a day or two for new Hopper installs to settle in. During those first few days, Hoppers can do some strange things, some functions might not work right, etc. Don't panic...just be patient and things will settle down and work normally.

The key for anyone getting a new Hopper for the first time is to remember that it takes a day or two for new Hopper installs to settle in. During those first few days, Hoppers can do some strange things, some functions might not work right, etc. Don't panic...just be patient and things will settle down and work normally.
OK DWS44, can you explain that to my Mrs? I think I will use VCR for the first couple days for hi priority programs to play it safe!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)