Newbie Question about Guide and Remote Customization

EscapeVelocity

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I am getting the HD Absolute Package.

Will the onscreen guide show everything that Dish offers or will it be limited to what I subscribed too?

As I understand it, some non HD stations are active with the HD Absolute programming.....like SD shopping channels, can I remove these from the guide and channel up/down rotation?

Thanks. :)

Each time you press the guide button on the remote it switches the guide through different views. By default it has "All Channels," "All Sub," and "All HD." "All Channels" shows every channel, "All Sub" shows only the channels that you're subscribed to, and "All HD" shows only HD channels. You can also setup additional views that will only show the channels you add to those views. To do this press Menu on the remote, then go to "Preferences" and then to "Favorites."

There may still be some channels you don't want, in this case you can go into Locks, select Channel Locks, highlight all the channels you don't want, select hide locked and then lock the system. This will take out any of the unwanted channels when you use the Theme and Search functions as well as the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)