Newbie question on Uniden Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwerty81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
I have a Uniden ultra with a descrambler module n it. I want to know how do you know it works? Is there a sat to point at or a specific tp? I am trying to see DC2 signals to align dish.

The descrambler module in that one will only see the Videocipher2 channels, on cband move your dish to the old G5 location and look for 17 (TNT) or 5, CNN, 22-Headline news. The Digicipher signals you will need a 4DTV receiver for, or a 905 (sidecar) model add-on for your analog box.

Those Uniden Ultra receivers are great. I use one to move my dish rather than my Motorola 922. I like it that way because I can custom name the satellites the way I like them for use with FTA also.

To test the analog receiver try sat G15 (G1) at 133°W, TP 5/H for ARTS, TP 12/V for ShopNBC. Both are in the clear and should come in.

By now, there's a good chance the battery in the VC module is dead. What color VC mod is it? The blue or purple are still in use on what few analog sub channels are left. The black modules were phased out around 16 (?) years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts