Newbie Question

max_jack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
I have 3 tvs. (1 HD). I got an 811 HD receiver (for primary TV) and a 522 which has a DVR for the other 2 TVs. Question: Is there any way to get DVR capability on my HD TV (even if I can't record the HD channels?) THe HD TV is our primary TV and I would love to be able to use the DVR capability in there.

Also, our local NBC station is broadcasting in HD. I got the local channel package, but though I am receiving the local NBC, it is not in HD. Do I need to do something else to receive this? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I have basically the same setup. As far as your question on getting the dvr to your hdtv, it is as simple as splitting the signal going to tv2 and running the coax to the hdtv. I have even set 811 remote to same address as DVR (uhf tv2) remote, so that I can use dvr function buttons w/ 811 remote. Works like a champ. :yes

Ota Nbc Hd

As was said before, you need an antenna. The type of antenna depends on how far you are from your local station. A indoor antenna may suffice, but you may need one installed in the attic or outside depending on your particular situation. Antennaweb.org can help with what may work at your address and physical surroundings. Be sure to use a good quality RG-6 coaxial cable if you need to have a remote located antenna. If you are not handy with installing "F" connectors, these cables can be purchased in extended lengths at home and hardware stores. Let us know if you need any additional help. Local HD where I live is well worth that small investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)