newbie question

stillwatching

Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
i recently signed up with voom. didn't bother to check all the channels before the installer left and found out that i am not receiving pbs (sd and hd). is there a way that i could fix this using any options on the voom set up? called up voom and was told that pbs might not have a strong signal where i'm at. i checked antennaweb.org and based on their street level map i am 11 miles from where the transmission is coming from. hope someone could help me out. thanks. :)

thanks, dscconway. i did that last night and still was not getting it. is there a good frequency assignment i need to use? thanks again.

Antennaweb will have the frequency assignment number for that pbs, then in your installer menu, installation wizard will have a tune off air antenna option, put in your frequency number from antennaweb and hit ok, it will show you your signal strength on that channel, you can then adjust the antenna to peak it better, but keep in mind, other channels strength may suffer as you peak that one.

posting on this thread to get the darn happy face off the thread that is currently in the main menu. Almost like making a inappropriate toast at the Pope's funeral on a day like today.

stillwatching said:
i recently signed up with voom. didn't bother to check all the channels before the installer left and found out that i am not receiving pbs (sd and hd). is there a way that i could fix this using any options on the voom set up? called up voom and was told that pbs might not have a strong signal where i'm at. i checked antennaweb.org and based on their street level map i am 11 miles from where the transmission is coming from. hope someone could help me out. thanks. :)

Sorry to say put if you want pbs you will have to try to either adjust you antenna you self or just not watch pbs cause they are not sending and more tech out as of today.

t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)