Newbie Question!

stefaniefish2011

Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Georgia
Hi everyone! We have just had a Hopper and Joey installed at our house this past Saturday. The Hopper in our living room and the Joey in our bedroom. Last night we finally had a chance to start recording some shows with the Hopper. We had 3 shows recording at once, obviously having to watch one of the shows in order to keep recording, however on the list of shows recording it was showing that we were recording and watching 2 shows and just recording 1 show. Is the reason it was saying we were watching 2 shows because of the Joey (even though we weren't watching with the Joey) or PIP? It was really irking my husband for some reason so I am here to hopefully find an explanation. I appreciate any help! Thanks!!:)

Hi everyone! We have just had a Hopper and Joey installed at our house this past Saturday. The Hopper in our living room and the Joey in our bedroom. Last night we finally had a chance to start recording some shows with the Hopper. We had 3 shows recording at once, obviously having to watch one of the shows in order to keep recording, however on the list of shows recording it was showing that we were recording and watching 2 shows and just recording 1 show. Is the reason it was saying we were watching 2 shows because of the Joey (even though we weren't watching with the Joey) or PIP? It was really irking my husband for some reason so I am here to hopefully find an explanation. I appreciate any help! Thanks!!:)

Do all three events appear in the DVR folder today? Meaning, did they all record? Did the TV Viewing Status screen displays the same program airing on two tuners? That usually happens because the Hopper pulls two tuners to prepare for PIP, but this should not affect your viewing ability in any way.

I have not had a chance to check the folder for today yet. The viewing status screen did not show the same program airing on two tuners. My husband just didn't understand why it said we were recording & watching 2 different shows when we were only recording & watching 1 show.

I have not had a chance to check the folder for today yet. The viewing status screen did not show the same program airing on two tuners. My husband just didn't understand why it said we were recording & watching 2 different shows when we were only recording & watching 1 show.

Ah, that still sounds like PIP to me. The second tuner was there creating a buffer for PIP, at least that's what it sounds like. That confused me at first as well but I don't even notice it anymore. It shouldn't affect your viewing at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts