Newbie question

fredandfred

Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
I've been with cable forever. Never been with any satellite system ever. Thinking about going with Dishnetwork. Comcast is the cable provider here and I can't get an answer on HD out of them. So I may switch now that I can get DSL and drop the cable modem. I want to go with the HD Silver package with the hddvr but that up front cost is making me think about it. My other concern was that the local company that would do the install told me that I am limited to 4 tuners not 4 receivers on the dish connection. Since the dvr is really 2 tuners that only leaves me with 2 regular recievers. Does this sound right? That's tough since I would like to have the hd in the living room and 3 other regular sets in each bedroom. I don't think the local channels on dish are hd either. That means back to going OTA for my local stuff. Bummer. Any comments on this issue for me?

Don't really know where you installer got his info. I have 5 receivers and three of those are dual turners. (all told I have 8 receivers on my account, 3 not active) fwiw

Yes you can only get the first 4 tuners as part of the DHA program. You can get more but you have to pay for them.

Do you need seperate tuners for each bedroom. You could hook two of them as a mirror image. With the dual tuner you could have the HD for the livingroom, and the second tuner run one of the bedrooms. Then have another standard dual tuner run the other two bedrooms as well. Lots of ways you can go here.

It also depends on where you are at if you locals come in HD or not. Some areas do come through dish others still have to use an antenna to get locals in HD.

The 622 will output HD to tv1 and SD to tv2. Use the tv2 output from the 622 to hook up one of the bedrooms. Then get 2 receivers for the other two bedrooms.

Go the OTA route, it is worth it.

What your dealer should have told you is you can only lease 4 tuners max. You can purchase any receivers you need over this.

I have 6 tuners on my account - own the 942 and a 411. That puts me at 3 leased tuners. 622 and 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)