AMIKO Newbie questions about Mini HD SE: NBC Audio and other stuff.

royrose

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Hi,

I just got an Amiko Mini HD SE (from Gotcband) as I bring my 30 y.o system up to date.

I am especially interested in being able to watch NBC earlier, so I tuned in the NBC feeds on AMC 18. The picture is great but the dialog track is barely or not at all audible. This was true on the news and on Grimm. On commercials, dialog is fine on some commercials, the same as the news or Grimm on others. Audio is fine on the NASA channels on the same satellite.

This is true whether I use HDMi, optical audio out or AV out.

So, I don't know whether this would be true with other receivers or whether I can do anything about it. Any ideas?

Also, does the mini HD SE come with up to date firmware or do I need to update? If so, how do I find the latest firmware?

Also, how does one add or search for a specific channel or transponder?

Thanks

Hit the red button on the remote and pick which audio carrier you want on the NBC feeds.

The latest NA firmware for the MINI HD SE is 2.0.38. You can go to menu and the system and info to see this. If that is what you have you are good to go.

Go here to check for future updates or to update to 2.0.38: http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm

No consumer receiver handles the NBC Dobly E with 6 discrete audio tracks to produce a complete mix-down or surround. As KE4EST suggests, select the audio track that has the center channel. Many shows also have the descriptive audio with mixed-down track. The commercials do jump around on different tracks a lot! :)

No consumer receiver handles the NBC Dobly E with 6 discrete audio tracks to produce a complete mix-down or surround. As KE4EST suggests, select the audio track that has the center channel. Many shows also have the descriptive audio with mixed-down track. The commercials do jump around on different tracks a lot! :)
Thanks guys for your quick responses. That did the trick.

Also, I found the videos showing how to add and edit.

It looks like I will be doing a firmware update tomorrow. I'm having too much fun checking out various channels tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA
Hit the red button on the remote and pick which audio carrier you want on the NBC feeds.
And many times, the program audio desired, is not that of the commercials - which I find is NICE. just my cents. We now return to the scheduled program all ready in progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)