Newbie questions!

There are 2 different type of timers to consider as well. NWflyboy was referring to timers he set up on specific channels, or through the guide I presume, which gives him the option to select the tuner to record from, and that will be specific to that timer only, and always for that timer. If he sets up a Dish Pass timer, and then opts to only look at one particular channel for that timer, it will choose the timer that is available and follow the Record Plus setting. I try not to mix my timer types, and tend to only use Dish Pass timers exclusively, which gives me more of a "self-managed" solution. Then the only issue there is if I have a bunch of overlapping recordings that need to be prioritized.

Setting up a timer via the guide does not let you select the tuner and that timer can record to the other tuner based on priority. The higher priority will go to TV2 tuner and the lower to TV1. So, one time a show may go to TV2 if nothing else is recording, but go to 1 if a higher priority show is being recorded at the same time.
I'm still discovering features on my 722 and I've had one for many years.

First of all, set as many of your network television timers to the OTA channels if you have them, that will free up both sat tuners for TV1 and TV2 live viewing
that is if the OP has an antenna. Since he came from cable that probably isnt an option right now

First of all, set as many of your network television timers to the OTA channels if you have them, that will free up both sat tuners for TV1 and TV2 live viewing.

Not necessarily. If the OP does have an over the air antenna(ota),that would prevent recording from ota sub channels at the same time. If there is a confict between 2 Dish feeds and the timer is set as a repeating timer, the east coast feed will be skipped, but the receiver will then schedule the west coast feed to be recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)