Newbie questions

safetyfastmg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
I'm getting ready to move, and I'm planning to ditch my cable in favor of Dish. I was thinking of using Dishstore (any reason not to?)
I want the dish mounted on a post. Do I need to have the post ready, or will the installer do that?

In building the house, I had two RG-6 cables run to each outlet. I'll have four tvs with two receivers. Can I piggy back a 5th TV somehow for my garage so long as it watches the same channels as one in the house?

On cable, my locals are HD. Will they be HD on Dish?

Thanks in advance.

Why BUY from Dishstore when you can RENT with nothing down from E*?

Having the post ready would be a good idea.

Yes you can piggyback.

You need to check local HD availability in your market. Call dish or check the website.

Why BUY from Dishstore when you can RENT with nothing down from E*?

I thought I would get the same deal from Dishstore or from E*, but that Dishstore offered some extra incentives. Am I mistaken?

You need to know if your area requires two dishes for HD. In my area, we cannot use the dish 1000, we must install a dish 500 and a 24" dish. That would affect your pole design. You are far better off installing your own pole prior to installation. The installer may not have a pole, and if they did, they may charge more than you think is reasonable. A good installer, who does a ground pole correctly is sometimes hard to find.

I should have a new web page specifically on ground post later this week, for now, this might help. http://www.dbsinstall.com/whatis/Whatisgood-3.asp

KAB seems to have assumed that you are going to BUY a receiver from Dishstore, although i did not see anything in your post about whether you were planning to rent or buy. if you go through dishstore, you get an extra $50 rebate from them directly...in addtion to any good deal you would have gotten by ordering directly from DISH. I am not sure if dishstore is still doing their promotion right now.

I wasn't planning on buying from Dishstore, just renting. I checked and their additionaly $50 deal goes through May 31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)