Scifi Hd

CJ1766,

Assuming you mean SciFi, please provide your source.
If this is true you've got the scoop of the century.

Personally, I've given up on any hope of the Scifi channel ever being in HD.
I barely watch that channel anymore. HDNET and Uni provide plenty of good sci fi programming in HD, between Firefly, Battlestar, Enterprise, etc.

I got the info from E* retailer rep

My experience has been the people on this site give much more accurate information than E* retailer/installer/CSR do. Spend some time reading here and you will learn a ton of useful information.

Considering the Chiller announcement, a SciFi Network HD feed isn't out of the realm of speculation.

Imminent? No, especially considering Chiller isn't even scheduled to debut until March 1. Plausible, certainly.

Thank you! This seems like a no brainer to me. Are there good reasons why it is not?????

Some cfo someplace is probably griping about the money to convert the facilities and to get additional HD programming.

Playing devils advocate...

I know some of their shows are done in HD: Galactica and Atlantis, of course. But most of the other stuff isn't. Even Doctor Who is just EDTV (I believe.) If they were to go HD, they might get the same guff A&E HD is getting about not enough content and that it's a waste of space...or...they would play the same sci-fi/horror stuff that is already on HD Movies and Monsters HD (I suspect that most of this stuff is pretty much up for grabs for anyone who wants it)

Considering the Chiller announcement, a SciFi Network HD feed isn't out of the realm of speculation.

Imminent? No, especially considering Chiller isn't even scheduled to debut until March 1. Plausible, certainly.

I hope Dish Network gets chiller and scifi in hd.But not holding my breath.

Some cfo someplace is probably griping about the money to convert the facilities and to get additional HD programming.

I know some of their shows are done in HD: Galactica and Atlantis, of course. But most of the other stuff isn't. Even Doctor Who is just EDTV (I believe.) If they were to go HD, they might get the same guff A&E HD is getting about not enough content and that it's a waste of space...or...they would play the same sci-fi/horror stuff that is already on HD Movies and Monsters HD (I suspect that most of this stuff is pretty much up for grabs for anyone who wants it)

Considering NBC Universal is involved, it's possible that that investment is already well underway.

As far as specific programming, don't expect to see much horror on a Sci-Fi Network HD, unless it's simulcast. See the Chiller link mentioned above.

I'd rather not have E* pushing vaporware HD channels. Having D* do it is bad enough. When it happens, great. Until then, STFU.

I'd rather not have E* pushing vaporware HD channels. Having D* do it is bad enough. When it happens, great. Until then, STFU.

It's not like this is purported to be an official source. Trusted, maybe, but not official. I think most folks realize what that means - it doesn't mean I don't want to see or hear about it.

You're in for an uphill battle if you intend to silence all speculation and rumor.

I do understand your frustration, though.

But there is also a good quantity of HD available in the SciFi realm out there that they could add to their lineup. Babylon 5 from my understanding was shot in HD from the start, the Doctor Who spinoff Torchwood is done in HD, many movies shot on film have been converted to HD.

Babylon 5 looks like it was sourced on film (at least season one), if my eyes are seeing things right when watching the DVD release.

One thing that WASN'T HD was the effects work (at least season one--don't know about later seasons)...they look absolutely horrible (upscaled/stretched SD w/ lots of video tearing and artifacts) on the DVD collection.

I'd love to think maybe they'll do a revision of the effects work for eventual HD syndication of Bab5--that would be incredibly cool (and smart, inho).

For what its worth, several months ago, when D* announced that they would carry SciFi HD, I actually called Sci Fi's Publicity person in New York. Said I was with SatelliteGuys, and asked her about D*'s claim. To be honest, the woman seemed genuinely in the dark about a HD channel. Now maybe she was a good actress, but when we talked, she seemed like she did not have a clue about it.

I will await Sci Fi's coming to HD very much, but am not holding my breath or taking bets on it anytime soon. Hopefully I am wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)