Newbie questions

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Hi all,

I'm a new Dish Network subscriber (so far so good and I love all the HD choices!), and have a couple of questions about Dish and my ViP 622:

1. Is there any plan to have Indianapolis HD local channels added to the satellite? I have an OTA antenna but I know that I will have recording conflicts if I can just record one OTA show in HD at a time.

2. Is there a way to turn off the video when you press the DVR button? I don't want to have the ending of a show spoiled if it happens to be playing in the preview window while I'm trying to start it from the beginning.

3. The guide info for the Indianapolis PBS HD station (OTA) only reads "Digital Service" and does not offer any programming information. The same for 29-1 WTTK (CW). Is this a setup error on my part? How can I get this corrected?

4. Is there a way to enter a subchannel from the remote, so I could type 13.1 or 29.1 directly without scrolling or using the guide or browse feature?

Thanks in advance... I haven't read the manual yet so I apologize in advance if these are mostly covered in the book.

Jeff

1) I wouldn't count on anything to late this year or next year. Locals does not seem to be a priority

2) I do not think so

3) They quit showing subchannel info but seem to be adding it back. I just got mine back in Charleston so you may see it back soon

4) Ive tried to find that out, does not seem to be a way

Hi all,

I'm a new Dish Network subscriber (so far so good and I love all the HD choices!), and have a couple of questions about Dish and my ViP 622:

1. Is there any plan to have Indianapolis HD local channels added to the satellite? I have an OTA antenna but I know that I will have recording conflicts if I can just record one OTA show in HD at a time.

2. Is there a way to turn off the video when you press the DVR button? I don't want to have the ending of a show spoiled if it happens to be playing in the preview window while I'm trying to start it from the beginning.

I usually hit the pause button before pressing DVR button. That pauses whatever is playing while
I find a show to watch.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)