Newbie to CE

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
Good morning everyone, I just returned to DirecTV last Friday and I'm very interested in CE. I love technology and trying out new software. I will be sure to provide feedback on the software. I have a few questions:

1. Where do I provide the feedback? Do I provide it in the release notes discussion that's posted when a CE is about to be released?

2. How often are they released? Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly? It seems it's weekly but I'm not positive.

3. I have an HR34. Any idea when the HD-GUI CE will be released? I'm very interested in trying this.

4. If something happens and the CE doesn't work properly, is it as easy as just rebooting the receiver during non CE hours, typing 0-2-4-6-8 on the Hello screen and letting the national release (NR) software update over write the CE release?

Thanks in advance guys!

Good morning everyone, I just returned to DirecTV last Friday and I'm very interested in CE. I love technology and trying out new software. I will be sure to provide feedback on the software. I have a few questions:

1. Where do I provide the feedback? Do I provide it in the release notes discussion that's posted when a CE is about to be released?

2. How often are they released? Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly? It seems it's weekly but I'm not positive.

3. I have an HR34. Any idea when the HD-GUI CE will be released? I'm very interested in trying this.

4. If something happens and the CE doesn't work properly, is it as easy as just rebooting the receiver during non CE hours, typing 0-2-4-6-8 on the Hello screen and letting the national release (NR) software update over write the CE release?

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Yes,, there is typically a CE thread for the week, some post in the one in the Sticky, others in the threwad started for the weekly CE .... you'll see what I mean when you look at it.

2. Generally every Friday and Saturday, but not always, normally something will be posted about it if theres NOT a CE that week.

3. No idea.

4. Sometimes .... other times not.
Typically nothing goes wrong, but once in a while it will.
If you don't like a CE, you can always go back to the NR, but the NR may not have the current items you want.

I'm guessing that you have read thru the CE tips and how too's, if not I'll post it .

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...2-directv-cutting-edge-program-terms-faq.html

. . . .

The HMC HD DVR HR34 HDGUI was still at the inhouse testing stage with the release of 0x0535 last Friday.

The H/HR2x HDGUI was turned over to the CE Group when it was at 0x0552.

It's only a guess when the HR34 HDGUI will be turned over for CE testing. But if you want to get your feet wet, they're still improving the HR34 SDGUI.

Does D* even read bugs we post here? I reported a bug I had and no fix. Posted my bug on DBS Talk and next update was fixed. So either took them two weeks to fix it or they don't read them here.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They do read the reports here, despite what some of the posters at dbstalk may think.

Does D* even read bugs we post here? I reported a bug I had and no fix. Posted my bug on DBS Talk and next update was fixed. So either took them two weeks to fix it or they don't read them here.

Yup, they do ...

Could have been that it took 2 weeks to fix or they had other things already in the CE they were working on and couldn't add more for that particular one.

I really don't like DBS Talk. Over there all you have is know it all least this site you have people willing to help and don't act better than you since they know more. Even though I have account there Satellite Guys will always be my first stop to get info/news.

Can they send each account different CE releases? Like could they send me files to fix my bug(s) and since someone else isn't having that issue and didn't need the fix they won't get those file in their CE update?

I have to agree, I've been on DBS Talk and the members there aren't nearly as friendly as here. I enjoy reading up on things on both sites, but DBSTalk seems to have a lot of arrogant members that can be flat out rude.

Can they send each account different CE releases? Like could they send me files to fix my bug(s) and since someone else isn't having that issue and didn't need the fix they won't get those file in their CE update?

No, can you imagine how many people that would involve changing software etc? one for each receiver... ;) if possible send the report also and they can tell exactly what was going on with the specific receiver. :)

The HMC HD DVR HR34 HDGUI was still at the inhouse testing stage with the release of 0x0535 last Friday.

The H/HR2x HDGUI was turned over to the CE Group when it was at 0x0552.

It's only a guess when the HR34 HDGUI will be turned over for CE testing. But if you want to get your feet wet, they're still improving the HR34 SDGUI.

Do you think more work will be put into the SD GUI since the HD GUI will be released soon? I notice some lag with the SD GUI so I guess any improvements would be helpful, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a HD GUI in CE soon :)

I have to agree, I've been on DBS Talk and the members there aren't nearly as friendly as here. I enjoy reading up on things on both sites, but DBSTalk seems to have a lot of arrogant members that can be flat out rude.

That's because over here we are smarter, better looking, smell better, and are just nicer people! ;)

Over at dbstalk they are more controlling of the CE which to me is ok because they have to be.

But overhere we are open and friendly because honestly in a lot of cases they have to be.

But with that said Directv reads both sites and I have told that the feedback is more "pure" while the feedback over there is more "clinical". I feel if they take the feedback from both sites and put them together it gives them a better picture of what's going on overall.

And you know what I am happy with that. The only thing I would change about Directv is I would love for them to start their own version of dirt to support their customers. After all more people visit SatelliteGuys for support then any other website (besides dbstalk of course) for their satellite service. We offer this at no charge to them just as we do to Dish, Brighthouse and soon SiriusXM.

The invitation is there its up to them to accept it and take advantage of our resources we are offering them.

Over at dbstalk they are more controlling of the CE which to me is ok because they have to be.

But overhere we are open and friendly because honestly in a lot of cases they have to be.

But with that said Directv reads both sites and I have told that the feedback is more "pure" while the feedback over there is more "clinical". I feel if they take the feedback from both sites and put them together it gives them a better picture of what's going on overall.

And you know what I am happy with that. The only thing I would change about Directv is I would love for them to start their own version of dirt to support their customers. After all more people visit SatelliteGuys for support then any other website (besides dbstalk of course) for their satellite service. We offer this at no charge to them just as we do to Dish, Brighthouse and soon SiriusXM.

The invitation is there its up to them to accept it and take advantage of our resources we are offering them.

Scott thats why this is the best site going today and the future and this site will always have my support :)

No, can you imagine how many people that would involve changing software etc? one for each receiver... ;) if possible send the report also and they can tell exactly what was going on with the specific receiver. :)

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I just thought it was funny that I was the only reporting my problem but yet they found a way to fix it. I don't know how it fully works but I'm just happy my issue is fix!!

Okay guys, so please clear something up for me. I noticed that the release for the HR34 says "Customer Candidate". Does that mean it's the same as what I have or is there at least some improvements to it?

Okay guys, so please clear something up for me. I noticed that the release for the HR34 says "Customer Candidate". Does that mean it's the same as what I have or is there at least some improvements to it?

If it says Customer Candidate, that means that the software they are testing is almost ready to be released to everyone.

If it says Customer Candidate, that means that the software they are testing is almost ready to be released to everyone.

Great, thank you for that information. So would that mean that the software released in the CE is newer than what I have currently? I'm hoping for some bug fixes at the very least.

Great, thank you for that information. So would that mean that the software released in the CE is newer than what I have currently? I'm hoping for some bug fixes at the very least.

The CE software is always newer than the National Release un less they do a NR at the same time.

The CE software is always newer than the National Release un less they do a NR at the same time.

If there wasn't a CE for a particular week, would there just not be a thread about it? I'm sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a handle on this :)

If there wasn't a CE for a particular week, would there just not be a thread about it? I'm sorry about all the questions, just trying to get a handle on this :)

You are correct.
There may be a thread stating that there is No CE tonight, if that were the case.

There have been a few weeks with out CE's from time to time, but generally theres one every week.

As for the questions, thats what were here for !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts