Newbie to HD and Dish

taurolyon

Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Buffalo, NY
My wife decided to give me a new Vizio HD TV... I did notice the picture seems a bit fuzzy, but I suspect it's the DuoDVR 625 I currently am using through S-Video... I'm going to call Dish and see if I can upgrade to a DuoDVR VIP 722...

I heard rumors that Dish would need to install a second dish to enable HD service in my area (Buffalo, NY). Is this true?

The problem is my landlord (this guy --> :rant:) gave me enough grief about the first dish being installed on the roof (even tho he ok'd it on the paperwork).

Does anyone out there use the Dish HD service with a single dish, and are you missing any programming?

Youll need a new DISH, that one DISH picks up 3 satellites

The Dish 1000.4 is designed for the Eastern Arc Satellites and is capable of providing signal from the 61.5, 72.7, and 77 W satellites

My wife decided to give me a new Vizio HD TV... I did notice the picture seems a bit fuzzy, but I suspect it's the DuoDVR 625 I currently am using through S-Video...

The picture is fuzzy because you are watching SD on an HDTV with awful S-Video connections. Once you get an HD receiver, hooked up via HDMI, and tuned to HD programming, you'll see how good your TV looks. Unfortunately SD is most likely going to look only slightly better than it does now. There's not much you can do about it. HDTV's bring out all the flaws of an SD picture.

And, as JimK2 says, you need to replace your current dish with a Dish 1000.4 (Eastern Arc dish). So you'll still have only one dish, but it will be a bit larger than the one you have now.

Call Dish. They'll probably love to upgrade you and answer your questions. Yes, you can get EA in NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts