Newbie trying to get into the game

shnikies

Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
In august I will need 8 rooms with receivers. Right now, I can deal with just the four. Will I be able to add one of those switches to expand to 8 later?

Thanks
Kyle

I think you are a little shy on dishing out information about the frat house, so it will be hard to get a good answer.

Maybe 4 dual tuner receivers would work?

depends on how everything is set-up. i know in my area there is a 6 room limit per account, so for an 8 room setup (individual and not piggy-backed) would take 2 accounts to set up.

Do you actually want to watch 8 different things at the same time. If so, I'm assuming you live in some sort of multifamily dweling and you would need a commercial account. Otherwise, give us some more info and we can help out.

It's actually a rental in Champaign, IL for 8 college kids. I'm using Insight cable right now and they suck. They suck and they don't even care they suck. There are three bedrooms in the basement, a living room on the main floor three bedrooms on the second floor and then an attic/loft. So, I'd be needing 8 different signals. What are my options if any?

Thanks again
Kyle

You can call Dish and find out, but you may have to buy 1 or two of the boxes. The best/cheapest way would be to have 4 322's (assuming you don't have any HD TVs. Because you would only pay for having 3 extra boxes as long as they are hooked up to phone lines (but you could run 8 different signals). As far as a switch, if you coudl get the 4 322s you would only need one DPP44 and you could run all the boxes with separaters. The biggest issue that you are going to run into is that there is a limit of leased receivers on 1 account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts