Newbie trying to get into the game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shnikies

Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
In august I will need 8 rooms with receivers. Right now, I can deal with just the four. Will I be able to add one of those switches to expand to 8 later?

Thanks
Kyle

I think you are a little shy on dishing out information about the frat house, so it will be hard to get a good answer.

Maybe 4 dual tuner receivers would work?

depends on how everything is set-up. i know in my area there is a 6 room limit per account, so for an 8 room setup (individual and not piggy-backed) would take 2 accounts to set up.

Do you actually want to watch 8 different things at the same time. If so, I'm assuming you live in some sort of multifamily dweling and you would need a commercial account. Otherwise, give us some more info and we can help out.

It's actually a rental in Champaign, IL for 8 college kids. I'm using Insight cable right now and they suck. They suck and they don't even care they suck. There are three bedrooms in the basement, a living room on the main floor three bedrooms on the second floor and then an attic/loft. So, I'd be needing 8 different signals. What are my options if any?

Thanks again
Kyle

You can call Dish and find out, but you may have to buy 1 or two of the boxes. The best/cheapest way would be to have 4 322's (assuming you don't have any HD TVs. Because you would only pay for having 3 extra boxes as long as they are hooked up to phone lines (but you could run 8 different signals). As far as a switch, if you coudl get the 4 322s you would only need one DPP44 and you could run all the boxes with separaters. The biggest issue that you are going to run into is that there is a limit of leased receivers on 1 account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts