Newbie w Twinhan PCI and DirectTV Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KwameG

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Greetings,

I bought a Twinhan 102G pci card on EBay and a friend gave me a DirectTV Dish. Now what? :) The dish is a Multi-Satellite KTI Triple Feed with builtin multi-switch with 4 output.

I think I read somewhere in one of the forums, that it maybe hard to use this dish with this card.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

KwameG said:
Greetings,

I bought a Twinhan 102G pci card on EBay and a friend gave me a DirectTV Dish. Now what? :) The dish is a Multi-Satellite KTI Triple Feed with builtin multi-switch with 4 output.

I think I read somewhere in one of the forums, that it maybe hard to use this dish with this card.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

What are you looking to watch?

Looking to watch whatever, really just trying to see what FTA is about; not looking to hack. the dish was free so I figured I would start with it and see what happen. Thanks for the replies.
So when you say "useless" do you mean I can get anything with it?

Thanks in advance

you may be able to aim it at DIsh 119 and get NASA and the free audio. But with the built in multisiwtch it may not work. You would use the far right LNB (if you are standing behind the dish)

Thanks, I will try that jsut to see if the card is working. I guest I will have to find another dish, any suggestions? Thanks again.

KwameG said:
Thanks, I will try that jsut to see if the card is working. I guest I will have to find another dish, any suggestions? Thanks again.

30" or larger w/ a linearly polerized LNBF , for FTA Ku .

Or as large a C band dish as you can scrounge . 10' is NICE ! :)

Wyr .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts