Newbie with a question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robert_VA

Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I am a first time poster with a question. I have been a DTV subscriber going on four years now and have waited patiently for a local channels package. We live in a rural area, where a locals are not actually local, our closest is our NBC affiliate which will laugh you out the door if you request a wavier. It's a good 30 miles out from my house. I do have a rooftop ant., that does ok but not great. I was told by the head engineer at the station that by the end of '04 we would at least have a date for when our locals would become availible. I was told by my installer it would be by the first of '05, so far nothing has happened. I was even told by the head of Pegasus when the court battle was going on that our locals would come soon regardless of the outcome. DTV doesn't quite go that far. All they ever say is, "not at this time." It is my understanding that with this next rollout of locals DTV's coverage will be at 93%. Our DMA ranking is 148th. My question is will we be left out? With focus of these new satellite launches being HDTV, it sounds to me as if DTV is going to leave us hanging out to dry. If anybody has any inside info please help.

Thanks,
Robert

It would be a good idea to post your exact location or zip code and DMA area, so that we can learn mor about your situation. Virginia, I presume, is a very large state.

Dma

My DMA is the Beckley-Bluefield area. My exact location is Tazewell County VA. I am nestled right up against the WV border. My zip code is 24605. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Robert

I don't know if this is good info or not, but Dish Network can give you almost all the distants. I ran an address in that area
508 COMMERCE DR

BLUEFIELD, VA 24605-

Mon Mar 21 11:37:55 MST 2005

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Unfortunately, this address is not eligible for any of the Local Network Packages.

This address is not eligible to receive Local Networks for one of the following reasons:

Does not technically qualify - This address does not fall in a DISH Network Local Broadcast Network coverage area. (The satellite signal does not reach your address with your local channels.)
Does not Legally qualify - This address is not in a local Designated Market Area (DMA). (Local Broadcast Networks by satellite are only available to customers who reside in the specified local DMA.)
The address was entered incorrectly.

DISTANT NETWORK A LA CARTE

Congratulations! This address may be eligible for part of the Distant Network A La Cartes. You may choose a maximum total of 2 (two) A La Carte networks (ie. no more than two NBC, two ABC, two CBS, two FOX). You must be eligible to receive National PBS.

ABC CBS FOX PBS

A LA CARTE STATIONS:

New York, NY ABC - WABC

New York, NY CBS - WCBS

New York, NY FOX - WNYW

Atlanta, GA ABC - WSB

Atlanta, GA CBS - WGCL

Atlanta, GA FOX - WAGA

Chicago, IL ABC - WLS

Chicago, IL CBS - WBBM

Chicago, IL FOX - WFLD

Los Angeles, CA ABC - KABC

Los Angeles, CA CBS - KCBS

Los Angeles, CA FOX - KTTV

NATIONAL PBS
TIME ZONE:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)