Newbie with questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jashobeam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I am thinking of getting Dish America's Top 200 or DishDVR Advantage. Right now I have an ancient Dish receiver and a 1999 Dish brand satellite dish and am only getting Sky Angel. I would need cable run to one room, but the other room is set up already to receive Dish. What charges should I expect to pay to get setup? I would have called Dish, but I was afraid of getting talked into paying more than I really had to for setup, receivers, etc. Don't they give you two free DVR receivers in the DishDVR Advantage Package? If we just did the America's Top 200 I would think our old receiver (2700) would do since it's getting Sky Angel fine now. Are there any hidden charges I should be aware of? Is there a way to get a better deal than is advertised on the main Dish site (200 channels, all local channels, free installation, DVR on 2 TVs for $49.99 a month)? If we don't do the 18 month contract we have to pay the $50 installation fee, but is there anything else to pay if we don't do a contract?

Last edited:
The install is all taken care of, shouldnt be anymore charges other than the $49 if you dont do the 18 month contract. THe DVR receivers are dual tuners = 2 tuners for 2 tvs in one box. DVR advantage includes locals and 1 dvr box fee included. Talk to Claude at the Dish store to see if he can get you a better deal. I know he was offering some kinda of other rebate.

Are the offers on ebay legit and a good deal? One offered the same package, free install, but no contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)