Newbie with questions

jashobeam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I am thinking of getting Dish America's Top 200 or DishDVR Advantage. Right now I have an ancient Dish receiver and a 1999 Dish brand satellite dish and am only getting Sky Angel. I would need cable run to one room, but the other room is set up already to receive Dish. What charges should I expect to pay to get setup? I would have called Dish, but I was afraid of getting talked into paying more than I really had to for setup, receivers, etc. Don't they give you two free DVR receivers in the DishDVR Advantage Package? If we just did the America's Top 200 I would think our old receiver (2700) would do since it's getting Sky Angel fine now. Are there any hidden charges I should be aware of? Is there a way to get a better deal than is advertised on the main Dish site (200 channels, all local channels, free installation, DVR on 2 TVs for $49.99 a month)? If we don't do the 18 month contract we have to pay the $50 installation fee, but is there anything else to pay if we don't do a contract?

Last edited:
The install is all taken care of, shouldnt be anymore charges other than the $49 if you dont do the 18 month contract. THe DVR receivers are dual tuners = 2 tuners for 2 tvs in one box. DVR advantage includes locals and 1 dvr box fee included. Talk to Claude at the Dish store to see if he can get you a better deal. I know he was offering some kinda of other rebate.

Are the offers on ebay legit and a good deal? One offered the same package, free install, but no contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)