Newbie with questions :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hi all, I am going though the Digital Home Advantage promo and am awaiting the sceduled install, I gave them the requested info (cc/dc # & SS #) and I was wondering, when will the activation fee occurr and will it come out of that debit card i gave them?!?! Also, is Dish a Prepay or Postpay thing (do you pay for the month ahead or the month you just passed)?

Thanks ahead of time for you guyses help!

apollogy for bad spelling, :(

I believe that $49.95 comeout of your card as you signed up, then you get a credit on your first statement for $49.95. You will pay a month ahead for your service, so your first month bill will be twice amount as your normal bill.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, i appretiate it, that's just what i needed to know!

correct

You will get a bill in about 10 days after you were activated for 2 months. Then you won't see an invoice until November. Dish bills a month ahead (as an example, my last invoice dated August 11, it has "Service from: 08/26 to 09/25 "

Just signed up for DHA myself. I have the 522/322 receivers, and subscribe to the top 120 package (no movie channels or any extras). I started service on 8/24/04 (signed up on 8/20/04). Below, you can see my actual statement information. As you can see, they zap you with the credit card charge as soon as you sign up for service, and your first bill is for two months of service (each charged is basically doubled).

Previous Balance

Payments
8/20 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT -49.99

Balance $ -49.99

New Monthly Charge(s) Service from: 08/24 to 10/23
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 120/LOCALS 79.98
ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 10.00
DISH VOD SERVICE FEE 9.96
DHA CREDIT - ADJUSTMENT -49.99
ACTIVATION FEE 49.99

Account Charges $ 99.94
Total $ 99.94

Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 11.29

Total Taxes $ 11.29

Total Amount Due
$ 61.24

so, bravehog, how you liking DVR? I can't wait to mess around with it, being a DVR newb and all :) I'm getting Top 180 & Locals with a 522 & a 322.

I have a 508 (single tuner) and love it. Trying to figure out why in the world did I go so long without it :)

Its nice not having 15 tapes laying on top of my entertainment ctr with little posties on it :D

I can imagine that those tapes DO stack up, I was wondering, Iceberg, is DVR good for storing programs for long periods of time (as you would a movie)? also, on the 522 (if you are familiar with it at all) are the DVR databases seperate so that you can only watch a dvr program on the tuner that recorded it?

drew2005 said:
I can imagine that those tapes DO stack up, I was wondering, Iceberg, is DVR good for storing programs for long periods of time (as you would a movie)? also, on the 522 (if you are familiar with it at all) are the DVR databases seperate so that you can only watch a dvr program on the tuner that recorded it?

The DVR has a hard drive that can max out (mine is 60 hours), so unless you are running out of room, you should be OK. I just deleted 13 hours off mine last week :)

The 522 has a common hard drive (I've seen the promo on 101), so 2 people can watch the same program on two TV's at the same time (different parts of it too)

First of all, the 522 has a few bugs. Once you realize this fact and understand the limitations, then you will enjoy it (you can find numerous discussions about this in the 522 forum).

I have two kids, and they like to watch Barney, Blue's Clues, Wiggles, etc. Before the DVR, I would have to search the entire house for lost DVD's or VHS tapes when one kid wants to watch a specific show. With the DVR, I have set up daily timers for these shows, and now have an archive where I can simply click on the show they want to watch and it's there. No hunting for DVD's, no getting out of my chair (which I need to start doing. This thing can turn you into a couch potato quickly!)

Also, pausing live TV is awesome. Even after a couple of days, you will wonder what you ever did without this feature.

drew2005 said:

Ive had my 522 and 510 for almost 2 months... I havent lost any programming "YET". I am going to do some archiving to DVD this weekend of the stuff that I want to keep (such as PPV) As for the 522 anything recorded can be watched on either TV... so dont record pr0n on it with tv1 and tv2 being in a childs room :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)