SuperDish for me??

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hi, i'm a new dish customer and I am awaiting install, anyway, I am getting a 522 and a 322 (i think) and my local channels (all of them) require a second dish, as the website said, my question is, will i be getting a SuperDish or a seperate standard dish along with my D-500?

Much thanks.

where ya located?

some locals require a 2nd dish at a different location (61.5 or 148) than the regular programming (110/119). Minneapolis, Boston, Chicago, LA are examples

Superdish is one dish that can look at 3 spots (105/110/119 or 110/119/121)

Well, all my locals are listed for E* 148 so, i guess i will get a seperate dish, not a SuperDish...correct my wrongness or confirm if i'm right.

There are a few areas that need a 2nd dish for locals
Cheyenne, WY & Grand Junction, CO are 2 off the top of the old noggin :)

There is one in TX too....so yes there would be 2 dishes. But just so you know, Dish nor a retailer can charge you more for the 2nd dish. By FCC law, Dish has to supply the dish, installation, and ALL necessary hardwware to receive those channels.

Well, thnx again for your help, it's nice to see ppl actually passionate about their television and the technical aspects involved (unlike cable users), i think me and this forum are going to get along famously! Another thing, I hear about this thing called Charlie Chat, and from what I hear it is some sort of satelitte fanatic show on dish? is this correct? if so, i think i have found a new show to watch :)

drew2005 said:
Well, thnx again for your help, it's nice to see ppl actually passionate about their television and the technical aspects involved (unlike cable users), i think me and this forum are going to get along famously!
Welcome aboard! There is a wealth of knowledge around here :D
Another thing, I hear about this thing called Charlie Chat, and from what I hear it is some sort of satelitte fanatic show on dish? is this correct? if so, i think i have found a new show to watch :)
Charlie chats are on the 2nd monday of the month on Channel 101 (the help channel) at 9 eastern

They talk about new items that are coming down the pipe and new programming. It use to be real good, but the last couple have been blah.