Newby Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SantaCruzJoe

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Santa Cruz, ca
I just had Dish installed yesterday with a dual mode DVR and I have a couple of questions.

- Before Dish I had standard cable with a ReplayTV (which I loved). In the ReplayTV channel guide I could quickly navigate 12 hours forward or backward using the Fast Forward and Rewind buttons respectively. Is there anything like this to navigate quickly with the Dish program guide?

-I have a second TV in the back bedroom and the remote apparently sends a UHF signal to the box in the family room that is fairly far away. This doesn't seem to work consistently. Any suggestions on improving the reception?

Thanks.

You can use the skip forward buttons to skip 24 hours ahead in the guide and back also.

You may need to extend the antenna on the back of the receiver. Most people use a piece of coax.

You can also skip ahead a certain amount of hours, when in the guide just press the amount of time ie 4hrs press the number 4 then the right arrow and same thing to go back if you are ahead in the guide.

I had a similar issue with the 2nd tv remote. The tech put a splitter on the line in the 2nd room and in the 2nd spot of the splitter, he attached a 2nd antenna. Improved my remote by leaps and bounds.

Let me know if this is unclear and i can put together a drawing

I had a similar issue with the 2nd tv remote. The tech put a splitter on the line in the 2nd room and in the 2nd spot of the splitter, he attached a 2nd antenna. Improved my remote by leaps and bounds.

Let me know if this is unclear and i can put together a drawing
A drawing or picture would be great.

Thanks!

If you use the splitter. You have to use one spltter behind the receiver to combine the home distribution signal and the remote antenna signal, then use a second splitter at the tv2 location to re-seperate the signals before the TV. Better to use a good quality splitter if doing it this way so not to loose picture quality.

If you can lay a second cable for the RF remote you will be sure not mess up the RF TV2+TV1 signals.
Someday you may find another use for the cable, too, like sending the OTA signal--so lay 3. Diplexing the signals is a quick way but not the cleanest.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)