Newer/smaller/better model than H20-600???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheGamingGod

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Are there newer DTV HD receivers than the H20-600? Are they any smaller/better? I just purchased the protection plan and was wondering if I should have my H20-600 replaced. It works fine for the most part but sometimes the picture goes black for a second or two and then comes back. This is completely random however. Can I have my HD receiver replaced/upgraded for free with the protection plan? Thanks.

Yo can try, the H21 and H23 are only smaller by fractions of an inch and Black. You can try to get The Protection Plan Department to send you a ERP (Emergency Replacement) but chances are high it would be a refurb H20. However if you generate a service call and convince the tech to replace a receiver that seems to be working there is still no guarantee that he will have any specific model receiver on his truck.

Wow, I did not know that. Why would I lose OTA capability by switching HD receivers?

The H21 and H23 don't have OTA tuners built in them. D* decided to remove them from the latest models. The HR20 DVR and H20 receiver are the last D* models to have OTA tuners built in. D* does have an OTA add on module but that is only for the HR21 and HR22 DVRs. The OTA add on module doesn't work on the non DVR receivers.

The H21 and H23 don't have OTA tuners built in them. D* decided to remove them from the latest models. The HR20 DVR and H20 receiver are the last D* models to have OTA tuners built in. D* does have an OTA add on module but that is only for the HR21 and HR22 DVRs. The OTA add on module doesn't work on the non DVR receivers.
Ugh! That sucks! Oh well. Guess I'll pass on the newer models. Thanks for the info.

The H21 & Hxx+ all have the USB interface for the AM21 but haven't received the necessary software updates to work yet. With all the complaints I've seen it's just a matter of time before D adds this feature to the non-dvr's. Unless you're a member of a good DBS forum it sure is a kick in the nutz when they show up with a box with no OTA capability. By joining the forum, you get your kick well ahead of time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)