satellite techs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CKasek

Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Ive been an electrician for a while now. I love doing electrical but the job market where I live is not too hot. Can't imagine it is anywhere. So I have an interview for a satellite technician position on Tuesday for installing Direct tv. Was wondering if any techs here work for them. And what are the advantages and disadvantages for working for these large direct tv contractors.

WELCOME to SatGuys!

The installer thread may provide faster and better answers.

Charper1,

My position on these forums and threads has evolved to the point where I no longer think they are a good source for information on the career aspects of installation work or CSR experiences. In both cases you get one time contacts and the situation changes. There is no way to generalize or predict what will occur on the next contact.

There must be an honest installation company somewhere and there must be a customer service representative somewhere who is up to date on DTV policy and procedure. You just can not find them when you need them.

Great place for technical information or to chat with thoughtful folks.

Joe

So much for a straight forward answer. Well, got the interview tomorrow.

So much for a straight forward answer. Well, got the interview tomorrow.

That is my point...there is no answer.
Even if you go to the other sites.......Cablsux...Cable Bar..DBS install....others, you will just get a single person's experience........and their opinion based on far too few examples.

My opinion for you would be look around for other ways to use your electrician skills. All electricians can do cable, satellite work and phone work. Install techs are not trained to do electrical work. You will overqualified and underpaid.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)