Newer Style DPP500+ LNB (Which port is for what sat?)

m3repair

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Niagra Falls
Quick question as I just got shipped a new LNB for my dish so that my switch is not sitting outside but it didn't come with a manual and searching online didn't yield very much info, so there are 4 ports, of course I know that the 4th one is for LNB its clearly marked, but what is the order of the others ?

Quick question as I just got shipped a new LNB for my dish so that my switch is not sitting outside but it didn't come with a manual and searching online didn't yield very much info, so there are 4 ports, of course I know that the 4th one is for LNB its clearly marked, but what is the order of the others ?

Well I couldn't wait for a reply, so I decided I would just go up on the roof and swap them out and test each port
Port 1 = 119
Port 2 = 110
Port 3 = 118.7
LNB IN = LNB IN (129 most likely)

Hopefully this post helps anyone who might be aiming this newer style LNB or for troubleshooting

dpp500plus-1.jpg

dpp500plus-2.jpg

Last edited:
ports 1,2,3 get all 3 sats the switch is built in. so u can attach a line to any of the first 3 ports if u have HD then have a jumper from the dp single to lnb in port on 500+lnbf. hope this helps

ports 1,2,3 get all 3 sats the switch is built in. so u can attach a line to any of the first 3 ports if u have HD then have a jumper from the dp single to lnb in port on 500+lnbf. hope this helps

Thanks for the info, but I just wanted to know the order for aiming and peaking the dish, I am aware of the plus functionality that the switch is built in and you usually add 129 to the LNB in port

You are supposed to use the default 118.7 port for peaking. 2nd best is the 119, I think, to peak. I've seen the Dish literature but I can't clearly recall the order after the preferred 118.7 peak.

To be clear: the default outputs are per sat for peaking purposes only before any of the ports are connected to any other equipment. Then upon completion of installation, each output port will provide all 3 sats (or 4 sats using the bracket to attache a single DP LNBF for 129 whose output is connected to the input port of the DPP 500+) to directly connected single or dual tuner boxes or to Single or Duo Nodes for Hopper installations. Each port can support up to ONE dual tuner box (or Hopper).

IMPORTANT: The DPP44 is currently the ONLY external switch this LNBF can recognize. So, if you need more feeds, you must use the DPP44. When this LNBF is connected to a DPP44, the INTERNAL switch in the LNBF will shut OFF, allowing the DPP44 to do the switching.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)