Newer TV codes?

RickDee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 22, 2006
U.S.A.
I just bought a Sony KDL-40W600B HDTV. I have tried all the TV codes in the 722k user manual and none of them work. Didn't someone post a link to some newer codes for newer TVs sometime in the past year or two? If so, does anyone have that link available?

I just bought a Sony KDL-40W600B HDTV. I have tried all the TV codes in the 722k user manual and none of them work. Didn't someone post a link to some newer codes for newer TVs sometime in the past year or two? If so, does anyone have that link available?
How old is your remote? If newer codes were not already programmed into your remotes memory chip they can't be added. There could be newer codes than your remote has but the only way to get them is to replace the remote with a newer remote.
20.x and 21.x remotes for the 722K are learning remotes that you can teach the codes to from your Sony remote.

I've got a KDL-48W600B and it uses the same old Sony code that's been used forever, 500.

Thanks, JSheridan. The 500 code does indeed work. I also discovered I was on the wrong page in the manual and was trying all the DVD player codes. Now I know why they didn't work!

Thanks, JSheridan. The 500 code does indeed work. I also discovered I was on the wrong page in the manual and was trying all the DVD player codes. Now I know why they didn't work!

That definitely explains it. :)

That's a nice TV isn't it.

That definitely explains it. :)

That's a nice TV isn't it.

Yes, very nice and it's pretty well setup optimally from the factory. I ran an optimizing DVD and all the screens and patterns were excellent. Probably won't need to do any tweaking like I did with my old Philips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)