Newly installed .... Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msujohn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
I was installed yesterday and have a few questions.

1) I'm trying to figure out if and how to do this. I want to watch on TV1 a HD program and DVR a HD program (TV1) as well as watch a program on TV2 in SD (all at the same time)? Is this possible?

2) What are the differences with the local HD channels... I see ABC in HD on channel 8 and on 6383? Are they just coming from different satellites?

3) I'm also trying to figure out the easiest way to navigate the guide and not show all the duplicate channels - is it better to create a favorites list or should I just lock and hide those channels? Any tricks to doing this?

4) HD System set up - I have a 50 Plasma (720P). Do I set the 722 box to 1080i or 720P, does it matter?

5) Is there a way on the remote to switch between single and dual mode? Or do I need to do it on the box itself?

I was installed yesterday and have a few questions.

1) I'm trying to figure out if and how to do this. I want to watch on TV1 a HD program and DVR a HD program (TV1) as well as watch a program on TV2 in SD (all at the same time)? Is this possible?

2) What are the differences with the local HD channels... I see ABC in HD on channel 8 and on 6383? Are they just coming from different satellites?

3) I'm also trying to figure out the easiest way to navigate the guide and not show all the duplicate channels - is it better to create a favorites list or should I just lock and hide those channels? Any tricks to doing this?

4) HD System set up - I have a 50 Plasma (720P). Do I set the 722 box to 1080i or 720P, does it matter?

5) Is there a way on the remote to switch between single and dual mode? Or do I need to do it on the box itself?
1-3: http://www.satelliteguys.us/1148673-post1.html

4. You decide

5. On the Box.

Thanks for the link ... that helps.

Regarding my 1st question. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this? On TV1 I want to watch a HD Program live, DVR a different HD Program and on TV2 watch a different SD Program? I don't have the ability to have an OTA antenna so I"m not sure if I can do this or not.

On TV1 I want to watch a HD Program live, DVR a different HD Program and on TV2 watch a different SD Program? I don't have the ability to have an OTA antenna so I"m not sure if I can do this or not.
You can only watch two live channels if you only have two feeds (OTA is the third rail).

HD recording is NOT limited to TV1.

So, in my case with no OTA. I can only watch 2 live shows and can not DVR anything? Is that correct?

I'm guessing that I can't do this either: watch 2 different shows that I have on my DVR and DVR a third show at the same time?

So, in my case with no OTA. I can only watch 2 live shows and can not DVR anything? Is that correct?
There are only two live sources. Once you get some programming on your DVR, you'll find that you don't watch something until after it has been recorded.
I'm guessing that I can't do this either: watch 2 different shows that I have on my DVR and DVR a third show at the same time?
Point 1: Without a third source, you cannot have more than two live streams.

Point 2: re-read Point 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)